Whats the deal?

Big Fate

Reaction score
So basically installing a new Rom is like doing a Factory reset?
This sucks, who wants to go thru all the apps and download again or even worst have to search for the non purchased ones all over... Is there another way of going around this??

Even my Storm 8 game Imobsters got deleted, now I have to go thru a hassle just to get my account back... I love the rom but this blows

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Titanium backup the data.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you using titanium backup? It can backup all of your apps and data so you don't have to go through all that hassle.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Damn that was quick lol...

I knew I should of read more about that app... So answer me this, if I go back to nandroid backup and reboot that will I be able to be where I was before the rom installation data and everything?

That way I can go back and use Titanium then reinstall the rom??

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Coo so even storm 8 game should be there right?

Also do I need the paid version of titanium or will the free version cut me some slack?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes the backup will have all app data restored in full. As for titanium, you can do it with the free version but I think it takes a little more time because iirc it asks for permission when restoring each app, I could be way off base though. The paid version however has lots of great features so its worth it imo.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Got it.

Still getting familar with the whole rooting bit, restoring backup now so lets see what happens. I'll most likely just grab titanium backup paid version.

EDIT: Ok i must of did something wrong during backup because when I went to restore in clockwork it pulled up the current rom I'm on?? And now like a dummy I just hit backup so its backing up this new rom lol Any Ideas?

Last edited:
OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
So the only backup you have is of your current rom?

tappin and a talkin

Now When I hit reboot recovery i'm stuck on a screen with a little android logo and a exlimation mark? whats that mean?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you hit bootstrap recovery again or just reboot recovery? If you restored a backup you would have to bootstrap recovery again to get in to cm recovery. At least I think that's the problem because the android guy is the stock recovery.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Did you hit bootstrap recovery again or just reboot recovery? If you restored a backup you would have to bootstrap recovery again to get in to cm recovery. At least I think that's the problem because the android guy is the stock recovery.

tappin and a talkin

Yea I hit both...

I did a battery pull and now im back to the rom... How would I go about getting to my backup because I remember doing one before I did anything

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just hit the search button on the... oh wait this is the x. Try hitting the search button anyway as I think that gets you in to recovery and then you can choose reboot now. If not you can just do a battery pull and restart.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
I think I found my orginal backup... restore boot or restore data? Boot right?