my phone is DOESNT wipe!!!

sruel3216

Reaction score
first off i have installed hundreds of roms and am not a noob by any means...but i need help WIPING my phone!!!

so here is what is happening:

i was trying to install the 2.3.15 leak. i wiped in clockwork x3. install was succesfull. however when i booted i still had my r2d2 custom boot animation, my theme, and still was on 2.3.9

so i repeated it again. same thing...

so after all that i decided to just do a factory wipe thru factory recovery and go from there. it said wipe complete but when it booted i still had my theme and boot animation, even tho i had to log back in with gmail and sync my phone.

im completely lost not and i dont wanna sbf and re-root and all that fun stuff.

help please!
thanks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just wiping isn't going to remove that stuff, wiping just takes all your user generated stuff and puts it back to factory. The files you replaced with the theme and bootanimation are going to stay the same. If you want to get rid of that stuff you can either sbf or doing a theme remover and change your boot animation back yourself.

OP
S

sruel3216

Reaction score
Just wiping isn't going to remove that stuff, wiping just takes all your user generated stuff and puts it back to factory. The files you replaced with the theme and bootanimation are going to stay the same. If you want to get rid of that stuff you can either sbf or doing a theme remover and change your boot animation back yourself.

wiping doesnt remove the theme? since when? i am almost certain i have done that countless times to remove a theme. yes i lost all my data in the process. does wiping remove the custom build prop? also, where do i get the theme remover then?

thanks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If wiping removed the theme they wouldn't make a theme remover. Fabulous posted one on a thread somewhere has full set of instructions. Its the same concept as in wiping does not remove root and no it does not change the custom build prop. That is why they say to do back ups of the build prop and have stock ones floating around out there. For people that want to go back but don't want to sbf.

OP
S

sruel3216

Reaction score
If wiping removed the theme they wouldn't make a theme remover. Fabulous posted one on a thread somewhere has full set of instructions. Its the same concept as in wiping does not remove root and no it does not change the custom build prop. That is why they say to do back ups of the build prop and have stock ones floating around out there. For people that want to go back but don't want to sbf.

i heard of the theme remover, but i thought that was just for if you wanted to remove a theme but not lose ur data.