i screwed up my phone need help!!!!!

steeveegee

Reaction score
i had rooted my phone with Pete's one click root
i froze some of the bloat with titanium backup and changed the boot screen and animation also
well not thinking i accepted the latest update (2.3.4) without unfreezing or changing anything back
the phone is functional but now i cant re-root the phone and the boot animation (logcat live) does not show
its just a blank screen
i tried a factory reset and the latest Pete's one click v1.07 but it fails on the last part with adb not being granted access
is there anything i can do to fix it?
i wanted to upgrade this week and sell this phone for a few dollars but i dont think i could sell it the way it is
i need to get the original boot logo and animation back so i could factory reset and sell the phone

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Unfortunately at this point there is no root method compatible with the latest OTA. If you want your phone to be completely stock for the sale then the only thing you can do is SBF it to the system version you are currently on. The latest OTA blocks both root and the ability to flash back to an earlier firmware.

OP
steeveegee

steeveegee

Reaction score
wow that s****
do you think it will be rooted soon?
i mean is it worth waiting or should i try to sbf it?
im actually gonna pick ip a razr maxx tomorrow i gues i could wait a little to sell the x
unless sbf is easier and faster then i could try that

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am sure people are working on it but I couldn't begin to guess when it will be done. And as far as SBFing goes if you do a search on Google there are a number of videos on how to do it so you can see the process. At this point you would only be able to SBF to the version you are on so it would just be a bone stock set up of what you have nw.

OP
steeveegee

steeveegee

Reaction score
thanks for you insight i really appreciate it!
i guess ill wait a bit and see if it gets rooted soon
i looked into sbf briefly and am kind of reluctant to try it
especially when one of the methods i seen from android central i believe said that 2.3.4 wont work it will brick the phone
i am a newbie when it comes rooting and the likes so im kind of scared to mess it up any more then i have already

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Understandable, if you are not comfortable with the process then definitely don't do it.

And enjoy the Maxx!!

OP
steeveegee

steeveegee

Reaction score
w00t! sbf was easy and all is well

well i sbf'd the phone a few minutes ago with rsd lite and i am amazed that it was so easy
im doing a factory reset as we speak
just an fyi if you install 621 you cannot sbf back to earlier versions it will DEFINETLY brick your phone
you have to use 621 sbf

as soon as its done im gonna post it on craigslist and sell it along with the otterbox (which is kinda beat up) and the media dock and hdmi wire

as for my new phone i went with the rezound it was on sale for 99 bucks and i got 50 off for my upgrade discount so i couldn't resist
i am very happy with it but who knows maybe ill return it for the maxx

thanks for your help! and i encourage anyone who is leery about root and the benefits of it to try but make sure you do your research
its definitely worth it

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm glad you got it. Enjoy the rezound and a great deal on it too!

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using Tapatalk

tecn0bot

Reaction score
621 update

it is true that you cna not root a droid x after the 621 update but there is a way around it you have to spend hours searching for all the right stuff and have to do it through linix umbutu i don't know if i should accually make a guide and find a way to upload all the things i did but i have a droid x that was and i say was on the 621 i just flashed it and then rommed it to ics holla you wan to know more
]