lost my boot animation.. help

jeff5347

Reaction score
SO i was trying to get sound on my animation and in the process must have deleted something as all i get is a blabk screen.
Some notes. Using ROM toolbox to change animations. In system/media i have a bootanimation.zip file andlong with a mp3 file for sound. NOt worrying about sound now but the zip is in the meadia section and i unzipped it thinking it may get the animation back working. NO.

Also in data/local i have a bootanimation.zip but i have not unzipped it. What do i need to look for to make the boot anim work correctly again

clueless77

Reaction score
You should rezip the one that is extracted as it doesn't need to be, and then try to put .bak at the end of one or the other zip files (bootanimation.zip.bak) and give that a try

BAD ASS X

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
Ok this is what i did so far ... i deleted the bootanimation.zip in both directories (data/local and system/media). I am using ROM toolbox to load different bootanims so i redownloaded the liberty logo. In data/local all i have is a 12m folder, tmp folder and the installed bootanimation.zip (liberty logo from rom toolbox. In system/media i only have the audio folder. When i reboot i still come up blank. I have my boot logo but not anim..???

clueless77

Reaction score
I haven't ever used ROM toolbox to flash a boot animation I usually just do it manually, but you couldvtry reflashong the ROM thatvshould get you back to a boot animation

BAD ASS X

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
yea i had to reflash liberty. I couldnt figure out what i did so i just reflashed the rom and it came back. I still want to see how to get sound on the boot. ive done what all the how tos say but... no dice.

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
thats what ive been reading to. I see apex users arent havent to much of a problem adding sound but i havent heard anything on liberty whether you can or not. no biggie not like i boot all the time. Just wanted something else to play around with