[BOOT ANIMATION] [MOD] COA - Call of Android

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
I love the old look of this boot animation, but hated that it wouldn't stay on the screen till the phone fully booted (left you with a blank black screen for a few seconds after the animation). So I edited the desc.txt file and organized the folders to fix that. Now the animation will run fully and then "hang" on the final image till the boot is done. Credits to Crackanug @ XDA for the boot animation, I just edited the files for this purpose. Thank to bouchigo for the template for the flashable.zip.

coaw.gif

Instructions: (for the NON FLASHABLE VERSION)
1.) Download file Here
2.) Download bootanimation.zip from link below (do not unzip it).
3.)Using Root Explorer (or another file browser you use) move the bootanimation.zip file to /data/local/ folder.
4.) Enjoy

Alternate Install instructions: (for the FLASHABLE CW VERSION)
1.) Download file Here
2.) Place PropagandaDX.zip on your SD Card (root of card is fine)
3.) Use Droid X Bootstrapper and boot into recovery
4.) Install .zip from sd card
5.) Choose .zip from sd card
6.) Scroll to PropagandaDX.zip wherever you put it on your SD Card and install it
7.) Reboot phone.

Boot Animation w/ Sound (Old Projector Sound)(Credit to Bouchigo)
1.) Download File Here
2.) Go into bootstrap/cw
3.) Mount system
4.) Install zip from sd card
5.) Reboot and enjoy animation with sound

Files:

Call of Android Boot Animation (NOT FLASHABLE)

Propaganda Boot Animation Flashable for DX (FLASHABLE in CW)

Progaganda Boot Animation Flashable for DX w/ Sound (FLASHABLE in CW)

Last edited:
OP
J

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
I really don't know. The screen sizes are different so I know that part will be off... I'm almost certain the flashable version won't work on the incredible either, considering they will most certainly have different folders for different things inside HTC's file system.

Also, editing OP to include a version that is flashable and has sound.

micho

Reaction score
Works on DX I change my bootanimation out daily not gonna change this one out for a sole got the one with sound flashed through cw with no prob thx!!!

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
Got the one w sound......love it! Nice work and thank you.

Liberated Droid X

matjmonk

Reaction score
I've downloaded and installed both versions and I must say that this is one of the coolest boot animations I've seen yet!!! :icon_ banana:dancedroid

My only question is, would it be possible to reduce the volume of the sounds? On my DX, the projector sound is REALLY loud so I ended up just using the silent version. Unfortunately it appears that during boot-up the device doesn't respond to the volume controls or send the sound to headphones if they are plugged in.

Other than that minor issue, this is just fantastic and thank you for sharing it with us!

thefuzz

Reaction score
Just downloaded and installed the non sound version because I hate when I reboot and people look at you like wtf! Works great and definitely looks fantastic! Great job!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

thefuzz

Reaction score
This is really a great boot animation! Thanks so much!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
If volume can be changed I don't know how to do it... and from what I've seen neither can the dev's. Fab couldn't get his boot sound to be lower either. There is nothing in the desc.txt (control file) that would control the volume level. If I find out anything I'll update.

Lukerative

Reaction score
My first time using a custom boot animation. Super easy and looks awesome! Thanks a ton! Now I'll be rebooting my phone 4 times a day