? about Google Checkout...HELP??

GingerSpice

Reaction score
Ok, I've searched thru some of the help topics here and am just so frustrated I'm gonna go ahead and post the question/problem. If it's been addressed previously I apologize. I recently purchased a DroidX thru Verizon. Downloaded some free apps with no problem. But when I go thru the Marketplace and try to buy an app, I am running into a problem with Google Checkout. I set up an account via my PC, entered CC info, etc and clicked SAVE. I go to my phone, find an app I want to purchase, I get the "buy" area and it asks me to enter all CC info again. Should this be happening? If I created an account @ Google, and saved it, shouldn't my account automatically be pulled up when I go to purchase? The screen is asking me to select payment method, I go ahead and re-enter all the credit card info AGAIN, click "SAVE" at the bottom and get this error message "A server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen". So, what am I doing wrong here? Thanks in advance for your help oh great and mightly Droid Experts!!:wacko:

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First off, welcome to the fourm.

Do you have auto-sync turned on? It syncs your Google account with your phone. Try this:

Menu>Settings>Accounts & sync. Make sure the boxes for Background Data and Auto-sync are checked. Then click on your gmail account and check all that you want to sync. You can force them to sync by unchecking then rechecking the boxes.

See if that helps.

On the other hand, it could just be a market issue with trying to process so many new accounts.