whats the best music app for the x?

jmorton10

Reaction score
I'm curious, people that have tried both:

What do you like better about PowerAmp over MixZing. I have the paid version of MixZing which I think is awesome, but I only tried PA briefly.

~John

jmorton10

Reaction score
Well, decided to see what all the fuss is about.

I just bought the full version of PA & will use both that & MixZing at work all day & see what the strengths/weaknesses of each are (although I don't see how you could go wrong with either one, they both blow away the stock player)

~John

zodder

Reaction score
I had been messing around with all the free players because I didn't feel like paying $5 for something I could get for free. I finally got smart and tried the PA trial and bought it almost immediately. I liked the layout, the lock screen options, the clear widgets, and the sound from it seems to be better than from all the other players. Can't see ever going back to another :)

jmorton10

Reaction score
I finally got smart and tried the PA trial and bought it almost immediately. I liked the layout, the lock screen options, the clear widgets

I like all that stuff also, but I have a problem where PA is starting to play in my phone all by itself. This afternoon it started playing a song from my card right in the middle of a video I was watching.

Does anybody know how to prevent it from doing this??

~John

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I actually prefer Winamp. It even has the ability for you to say listen to in Voice Search. Also has WIFI sync.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zodder

Reaction score
I like all that stuff also, but I have a problem where PA is starting to play in my phone all by itself. This afternoon it started playing a song from my card right in the middle of a video I was watching.
Not sure if this it, but in the settings, under Headset options, there are a bunch of "Resume on" options. Are you plugging in headphones or connecting to bluetooth? I know I have mine to set to "Resume on BT A2DP" for the car and it does just that, but mine's on purpose :)

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
I'm curious, people that have tried both:

What do you like better about PowerAmp over MixZing. I have the paid version of MixZing which I think is awesome, but I only tried PA briefly.

~John

I think it's all about what works best for you individually. For me, and this may seem rather picayune, it's the buttons. On MixZing, they're smallish and at the bottom of the UI, whereas on PowerAmp, they're large and in the middle of it. The majority of time that I listen to music on my X, I'm driving -- and the buttons on PowerAmp make it much easier for me to pause a song or rewind if I need to, without having to take my eyes off the road for seconds at a time. They're just more accessible.

I also like the way the cover art transitions on PowerAmp better than the way it does on MixZing. But really, they're both terrific -- MixZing was my preferred player before I found PowerAmp.

jmorton10

Reaction score
Are you plugging in headphones or connecting to bluetooth? :)

I wasn't doing either one when it turned on during the video I was watching.

I was watching a video & listening through the phone speaker. Half way through the video, a song started up playing at the same time as the video sound.

~John

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think I actually bought MixZing a little while back, but I currently am using PlayerPro, I don't remember the reasons I switched.. I guess I'll try out MixZing again as I seemed to heavily out number in my vote for PlayerPro... have any of you actually tried it?

{{ WugFresh }}

zero7404

Reaction score
stock player is good enough for me .... don't see the need to buy an app to do what the phone can mostly do .... unless u need the added functionality of the paid players available.