Music on my droid x

trinibob

Reaction score
Looking in my music folder I see mp3 mp4 is in windows media files Also I find music in folders with labels Some of this music was ported over from my ipod.
My question is what are the best type of files for my music folder Asia baby in folders or just Music only without folders?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

geta2j

Reaction score
Hi Bob, I would have to guess that some have found your question difficult to understand. Anyway, the music should be put in a file on your phone called "media" I think. My droid 2 likes mp3 files.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Last edited:

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I would reccommend rewriting your question/concern because it does not really make much sense. the X likes mp3s better than m4as or mp4s. You can put music in a folder named music or media but i recommend using isyncr app if you use itunes that way u can easily sync playlists to your phone.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok...I`ll throw in my $0.02 as well...

1) The DX will out of the box play just about any Audio file you throw at it..add PowerAmp and it might even make a cracker play music...

But seriously, .mp3`s are simple and user friendly on the Droid X.

2) I am not a fan of playlists...instead I am a "folder/album" person...so I move all my "fav" songs of a genre into a folder/album, and then select that album to play through. I have 4 "genre" type albums on my phone at any given time...each has between 30 and 100 songs...so I am covered for a quick workout or a 5 hour road trip without having to hear the same song twice.

3) If you have an extensive iTunes Library, then you may want to look into one of the apps on the market such as iSyncer....ports your iTunes paylist straight over to the DX.

4) As far as moving tunes over, I would just make a MUSIC folder in the MEDIA folder that is already on the SD card...then just drop the folders/albums off into it....

OP
trinibob

trinibob

Reaction score
Okay In my phone folder I have media and music folder In the music folder it says I have 218 items In this folder Half of which are folders with More folders with music And 1 folder with mp4s Only.
The media folder only has 1 song in it.
My question was is this the proper way to have it set up And is this folder in my sd card or is it in my memory of my phone?
Sorry for the confusion I hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App