Best iTunes Syncing App

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by AlexRogers, Aug 1, 2010.

1. AlexRogers

AlexRogers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is the best way to sync all of my music from iTunes (none actually purchased through iTunes) to my Droid X. I tried using Double Twist but I am not a big fan of the desktop app. I also just created a a "music" folder on my sd card and copied the music, but a lot of my album arts did not carry over for some reason. Any help?

2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    i like iSyncr. other people in this forum have mentioned Easy Phone Tunes. i've dl'd it but haven't tried it. Moto also has something on it's website to do it. there's lots of them out there, and there's lots of threads about it - you just have to trudge through the threads, and then trial and error on your phone...

3. tedwin

tedwin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Use Isyncr

Double twist is buggy and does not correctly import playlists from Itunes. Sometimes you have to check to make sure Double Twist imports the playlist into your phone. Plus, video importing is a joke. Where is the Verizon Iphone?.....Ok, in the meantime, use isyncr, the lite version only imports one playlist at a time with a max of 20 songs but the price for the full version is worth the headache of using the crappy Windows Media Manager to redo your playlist and import your list that takes forever or a crappy double twist that doesn't do what it says. Isyncr full version is quick and easy.

4. tovar619

tovar619 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try TuneSync. Works like a charm for me.

5. lg24

lg24 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this has been discussed before but would this let me listen to music in Apple Lossless format? I'm on Verizon and really love this phone but it wouldn't be worth carrying around something so bulky if I didn't have all my music on it

6. Ainvar

Ainvar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    iSyncr gets a vote for me. I use to use Doubletwist but it is slow, buggy, and not quite there yet. I think once they rewrite their code and framework along with having it sync faster with itunes and also your phone then they might have something.

I tried iSyncr and I will not look back. No issues with it, syncs quickly, playlist works gets moved over to phone, and it just works!

Well worth the few bucks the dev is asking for.

7. wumpiewoo

wumpiewoo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    TuneSync works great and syncs over wi-fi. I don't think an iphone can do that can it?

8. kpiskin

kpiskin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was using doubletwist, but after I switched my library to a new computer, it started giving me an error that I needed to upgrade to itunes plus which I already had. So just as an experiment I simply copied my music library from my computer to my DX and they all work! Why do I need another app if my music is already DRM free?

9. Lex_Luthor

Lex_Luthor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i found another way that doesnt even require an app to sync music from itunes to your DX. Its just a program called 'Itunes Agent' that you install to your computer(I think its only windows though). Worked really well for me and quick to set up too. Here's the link to the very helpful site i found searching the interwebz.

How to sync the Motorola DROID X with iTunes - Know Your Cell

10. dlmvegas

dlmvegas New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have been working with doubletwist. Seems a little flakey to me. Works once in awhile but not consistently. Checked out Motorola Media Link. Piece of junk. Documentation sucks as well.

I am looking to take my playlists from itunes and move them and the songs associated with them to the droid. Doubletwist will do this well but doesn't work everytime. Sometimes it won't recognize that I've even plugged in my Droid to the computer. I wouldn't think this would be rocket science. With the Motorola program I can't figure out how to only sync the playlists and songs. Documentation doesn't even explain how.

Download the Missing Sync program. It only wants to connect via bluetooth or wi-fi to sync and you have to install the program on your droid as well. This is in addition to the PC.

Gee I wished these doubletwist people would get their act together on the PC side.

11. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force / Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    +1 for iSyncr - the dev has added an add on to sync wirelessly and is progressing toward single song sync (right now, it will sync your playlists with no problems)...

12. CrashF16

CrashF16 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Album Art Grabber is a free app that will load album art on the X.

Search tags for this page

best app to sync itunes to droid

best droid version of itunes

best itunes app for droid

best itunes apps for android

best itunes to android app

best itunes to droid app
doubletwist vs easy phone tunes
isyncr vs easy phone tunes
itunes for droid x app

tunesync vs isyncr