Best Music Player App

offspringfan23

Reaction score
What is the best music player app on the market right now, I also have an ipod touch but I'd like to have some songs on my phone when I don't want to bring my ipod.

pointzero1

Reaction score
I asked this exact same question a few weeks back and people have recommended the "cubed" app.

Heres a link of the app in action:

[video=youtube;Mm-ezu7AE5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-ezu7AE5s]YouTube - ‪"3" Music Player for Android Overview‬‎[/video]

E36M3

Reaction score
I can't find it in the market. Looking for a replacement for bPlayer

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
I use MixZing, it does a good job of finding album art, has a lockscreen page, three different sized widegets, and has not FC'd on my once.

I think the app / widgets are kinda ugly though.

Jejackson

Reaction score
the biggest problem with Android has always been the music player. I think this app single handedly boosts Android past the iPhone's one big strength. This is amazingly free as well. To find it in the market search for 'cubed'. I can't wait to see if any kind of improvement can be done to this seemingly flawless app

triptens

Reaction score
Sounds like this will be one of the first things to put on my new X.

Jejackson

Reaction score
Its very smooth on my Droid, and the lock screen controls works even over the pin lock too, 1 spot where sapphire's does not work

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
actually, having now just downloaded this app, I can say, it's even better than it sounded when I first heard about it in this thread!

vatothe0

Reaction score
Sounds like this will be one of the first things to put on my new X.

The one that comes with the X is pretty cool actually. Has visualizations like winamp.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jejackson

Reaction score
actually, having now just downloaded this app, I can say, it's even better than it sounded when I first heard about it in this thread!

The playlist creation is insanely easy as well. This SHOULD be the default music player for android, maybe one of the ROM devs will intigrate this...? Wink wink nudge nudge...

Mad1ben2

Reaction score
I agree this app is awesome. Unfortunately it appears to be confusing my home button function.

So I have it playing music, screen display off and the lock screen controls active. when I hit the home button to wake it up it starts to wake and then goes black. I have to hit it a second time before it wakes up.

Even after stopping music playing (pause it) the screen still wont wake up without hitting it twice. Also, I'm using LauncherPro (free) and have the home button set to pull down my notification bar... it takes multiple hits before it will work.

I killed the music player and restarted my phone and now things are working right again. This is the only app I've downloaded recently such that I've noticed a difference in the functioning of the home key.

Jejackson

Reaction score
I agree this app is awesome. Unfortunately it appears to be confusing my home button function.

So I have it playing music, screen display off and the lock screen controls active. when I hit the home button to wake it up it starts to wake and then goes black. I have to hit it a second time before it wakes up.

Even after stopping music playing (pause it) the screen still wont wake up without hitting it twice. Also, I'm using LauncherPro (free) and have the home button set to pull down my notification bar... it takes multiple hits before it will work.

I killed the music player and restarted my phone and now things are working right again. This is the only app I've downloaded recently such that I've noticed a difference in the functioning of the home key.

Perhaps for your unique situation you may have to just pick one feature over the other. The only problem I've encountered is the stock music app is still default and I can't seem to fix it short of uninstalling it, which I'm okay with. The stock music app is the worst music app I've ever used.