Best Music Player App

Robin W

Reaction score
Rock On

Is it still in the Market? Not finding it under Rock On. Sorry if I'm lame. Thank you.dancedroid

Update: Found it under Filipe Abrantes in the market. Says to run Get Art after Froyo 2.2 update. yeah, like that will ever happen for me :) LOL

Last edited:

Morgan

Reaction score
Is it still in the Market? Not finding it under Rock On. Sorry if I'm lame. Thank you.dancedroid

Update: Found it under Filipe Abrantes in the market. Says to run Get Art after Froyo 2.2 update. yeah, like that will ever happen for me :) LOL

Press and hold the 3 key on the stock keyboard, it will give you the subscript 3 which is the name

Robin W

Reaction score
Thank You! I did find it that way.

When it says to run GET ART after the Froyo 2.2 update, is GET ART in the market place or is it part of the "3" app?

Thanks again :)

dadarkside

Reaction score
Sounds like this will be one of the first things to put on my new X.

The one that comes with the X is pretty cool actually. Has visualizations like winamp.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i was just about to say that the droid x default music player is great. maybe the original droid has a different music player.

the cubed looks good but i'll still with the stock for now.

Morgan

Reaction score
actually, having now just downloaded this app, I can say, it's even better than it sounded when I first heard about it in this thread!

The playlist creation is insanely easy as well. This SHOULD be the default music player for android, maybe one of the ROM devs will intigrate this...? Wink wink nudge nudge...

what you talking bout Willis

I think playlist creation is terrible, the only android phone Ive had with ok playlist creation was the Incredible, the stock music player there had decent playlist creation

maybe i am just missing it in 3

Robin W

Reaction score
found GET ART. Looks like a good music player. Will donate.
Thanks again for your help Morgan.

Jejackson

Reaction score
actually, having now just downloaded this app, I can say, it's even better than it sounded when I first heard about it in this thread!

The playlist creation is insanely easy as well. This SHOULD be the default music player for android, maybe one of the ROM devs will intigrate this...? Wink wink nudge nudge...

I think playlist creation is terrible, the only android phone Ive had with ok playlist creation was the Incredible, the stock music player there had decent playlist creation

When you select the album and the list comes up long press a song and select add to queue. Once you've made your list bring up the list from the bottom right and select save playlist.

I can't vouch for the incredible, but the D1 has a pretty weak music app

yourhero88

Reaction score
Cubed is great, but Doubletwist is a bit more polished, though still has some bugs to work out.

Morgan

Reaction score

When you select the album and the list comes up long press a song and select add to queue. Once you've made your list bring up the list from the bottom right and select save playlist.

yeah but thats album by album, tyically i like making playlist with a bunch of different artist / albums, not of albums or artist :-(

Jejackson

Reaction score

yeah but thats album by album, tyically i like making playlist with a bunch of different artist / albums, not of albums or artist :-(

if you watch the video he shows you, when you add to queue it adds it to a list of songs that will play, you can exit the album your on, move on to another one and continue to add to queue. It isn't limited to 1 album at a time. Your queue is the on screen button that looks like a menu icon above your search button. You have to remember to hold down your finger on your song selection for the add to queue option to pop up

pERUVIANeDDIE

Reaction score
Cubed is awesome, I didn't know about it until this thread. Big thanks to the OP for starting this.

Check out "Droidshuffle". Use with cubed to allow headset buttons to be programmed.

serveitup911

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe no one has mentioned Eliot Stocker's MusicMod. It's built off of the stock app, but adds features and widgets.

richpjr

Reaction score
I tried cubed but it had trouble playing my properly tagged, non-DRM files in the correct album order. So far, MixZing is the only player that seems to show them correctly (even though my Mac, iPad, and Touch display them correctly).

montyHD

Reaction score
I played with Cubed but not really my favorite. Double Twist is awesome as an Itunes alternative but I found it had problems with Album art. To me MixZing is the best of the three; however, recent updates to DoubleTwist look promising. The Cubed layout was weird to me.