Best Music Player App

Zac7

Reaction score
Music mod. Search it in the market. Sorry of already said.

Zac7

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe no one has mentioned Eliot Stocker's MusicMod. It's built off of the stock app, but adds features and widgets.

+1

Best music app adds awesome widgets along with gestures which is great to use while driving.

Jon Vito

Reaction score
I paid for and downloaded bTunes...anyone who is accustom to using an iPod touch or iPhone would prolly appreciate this app as it looks and acts almost identical to the iPods music player

it did a decent job of fetching album art, the home screen widget isnt anything special, but the lock screen player actually displays album art from your lock screen which i thought was cool

the best thing about it is how easy it is to make playlists though...just go to your songs, long click and then go through and check all the ones you want until your happy, options button, create playlist and then you can name it

love it

ffej89

Reaction score
MeCanto lets you load all your music onto the web and then stream to your phone. Useful because it free's up your sd card of all your music files

wdprice3

Reaction score
^I've tried mecanto, but I believe it has some serious bugs (it prevents my DX from properly reading the battery state and then it turns into a paperweight once the phone thinks the battery is dead).

any other cloud-streaming music apps out there? I'm hesitant on mecanto for the above issue, mspot doesn't offer enough storage...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
+1 for MixZing...great music player app...

steeveegee

Reaction score
i tried cubed for a while and found it to have alot of potential but really buggy
also the widget is really horrible
i think in time it will be an great media player but for now im sticking with mort music player
mort has a great widget and sorts things by folder which i like and is extremely stable

fifthcircle

Reaction score
I was having all kinds of issues with the stock music player(s) force closing today. I looked through this thread and couldn't find "cubed" or "3"....so I checked out "MusicMod". Downloaded, and 30sec later I am listening to my tunes again.

THANKS DROIDFORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Cowick22

Reaction score
Do any of these music apps play wma files? Or do I have to convert everything to mp3? The stock player will not play any of my music ripped from my cd's!!! I need some help with this please.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
I tried cubed but it had trouble playing my properly tagged, non-DRM files in the correct album order. So far, MixZing is the only player that seems to show them correctly (even though my Mac, iPad, and Touch display them correctly).

Same here. Cubed froze my DX.
Prob works better on rooted ?
i uninstalled.

Power

Reaction score
Downloaded. Will try. Droid X stock player works pretty well though.

Snacko

Reaction score
I have tried both Cubed and also the Music Mod apps. But neither of them let you filter music by Genre! :icon_eek: Why not? Isn't that why you categorize your music with the Genre tag? Of am I just missing this feature and it is really in those apps somewhere? Please Help!

Is there some other player that does use Genre?? :confused:

Thanks,
Snacko

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
Wow, I can't believe no one has mentioned Eliot Stocker's MusicMod. It's built off of the stock app, but adds features and widgets.

+1

Best music app adds awesome widgets along with gestures which is great to use while driving.

I tried finding MusicMod in the market, but no luck -- searched on MusicMod, Music Mod, even Eliot Stocker, and I scrolled through all of the music apps. Nada. Am I missing something?

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
I played with Cubed but not really my favorite. Double Twist is awesome as an Itunes alternative but I found it had problems with Album art. To me MixZing is the best of the three; however, recent updates to DoubleTwist look promising. The Cubed layout was weird to me.

+1 for MixZing. I've tried stock, Cubed, and doubleTwist as well, but MixZing seems to offer the combination of features I like best. Cubed looks snazzy, but I was less than impressed with it as a music player. MixZing's fairly straightforward appearance-wise, but the paid app gives me a lot of flexibility. I can tell it exactly where to look for my music files, specify a file name for album art, and play by genre. It also allows me to enable gestures so that I can lightly swipe the screen to skip to the next song -- which is brilliant when I'm driving, as I don't even have to look at the screen.

MixZing also has an EQ, which is almost perfect ... unfortunately, even though it seems to give you the option to apply an EQ to a single song, an entire album, or all songs, I've found that it applies it to all songs no matter which option I select. I'm hoping that gets fixed, because on the whole it's a great app.

Having said all that, I'd be interested in trying out MusicMod if I could actually find it in the market!