whats going on?

mudkipz12

Reaction score
so yesterday my droid started slowing down i dident think much of it but now its realy slow iv turned in on and off (its also done that it self) took the battery out basicly every thing i can think of (all the simpel stuff) but its very slow to respond to any thing the web you tube all of it i dont have that many apps but the phone is runing like its got windows 95 lol im just hopeing one of you has an anserw so i dont have to pay 100 buck for a new one:mad::mad:

OP
M

mudkipz12

Reaction score
oh and another thing its runing hot all the time and the battery is geting sucked out quick

OP
M

mudkipz12

Reaction score
i dont realy have that many apps i got rid of alot of them and the battery is getting sucked with me doing nothin should i reset the phone or what?

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey,

please goto Settings > SDcard and Memory
and tell me the lowest number of free space (internal memory)

What exact widgets do you use?

Have you GPS turned on all time? Wifi? BlueTooth? Screenbrightness? Timeout?

Tigger

OP
M

mudkipz12

Reaction score
the available space is 120MB nothing is allways on and i dont use widgets

Reaction score
Do a factory reset of your phone. If it still is doing it even before you install any extra apps, then clearly something is wrong. I'm 99% sure you just have an app installed with a memory leak or something. Post back after you've done that.

OP
M

mudkipz12

Reaction score
ok did that made it like new but lost all my contacs any way to get those back?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok how do i get them back tho idk how?

Once you activate your phone and signed into your google account they should automatically sync back up. This will only happen if you enabled syncing with your google account and if you actually have contacts in your google account. Is that what you did before, because I know some people prefer not to sync up with google for privacy issues. If that is that case I hope you backed up your contacts!

snowman

Reaction score
for the future always go to contacts , hit menu , then export, then export to sd card, this will save them as a CSV file which can be moved to your home computer or whatever, then after re-doing the phone same process just import them back and done in a few moments.
bad news they may all be gone now if not saved as a google contact