What type of case are you using to protect your droid?

sodlierxm91l

Reaction score
Try the otter box just dnt put the battery cover on iit. It'll keep it protected

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a silicone black case I bought on ebay for $6. Its awesome and easy to remove to get at the battery.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I protect my droid like it was my baby ha never got a case for it and not a single scratch on it :) mine u could sell brand new

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Love it without a case...insurance - and scratch proof sceen --> dancedroid

+1 to that. The phone comes in a case of it's very own that works perfectly, and the glass is Gorilla glass, which is pretty darn tough, and on top of that there is the insurance.

In harsh environments, I can see where a case might offer more protection from something hitting the phone in your pocket hard enough to break it and not kill you, but for most people, cases and screen covers are like plastic on furniture. I like to use my phone until it's time for a new one, not preserve it so it's in perfect condition and completely obsolete 2 years down the road.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Love it without a case...insurance - and scratch proof sceen --> dancedroid

+1 to that. The phone comes in a case of it's very own that works perfectly, and the glass is Gorilla glass, which is pretty darn tough, and on top of that there is the insurance.

In harsh environments, I can see where a case might offer more protection from something hitting the phone in your pocket hard enough to break it and not kill you, but for most people, cases and screen covers are like plastic on furniture. I like to use my phone until it's time for a new one, not preserve it so it's in perfect condition and completely obsolete 2 years down the road.

I can respect that. I work in harsh situations occasionally, but sometimes it can get dropped or thrown, and my insurance is not cheap.
Also, I threw my phone out of the car window on the highway to prove to my wife that I don't care about the phone at all compared to her (newlywed squabbles). I tried to through it far enough to hit the grass, but im not.known for my pitching arm, and it hit the rumble strip.
Went back and got it and it worked fine for 5 more months, the screen wasn't even scratched, but the top of the frame around it was gouged away revealing how durable the metal was that they made the old D1s with.

All in all, I think I proved my point to her ;P

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums