What type of case are you using to protect your droid?

Reaction score
I haven't gotten it yet but I just ordered this one from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Snap-Protector-Motorola-Droid-MB810/dp/B0040W8PD8/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3VDZ7WPW8CMY6&colid=1N7FBVCU77GR1

My buddy has the same case with a different design and he loves it. I've personally seen him drop the things so much. This one time at the bar he dropped the thing 4times, twice on the concrete and it held up fine. He's had it for like 6months and its still goin strong. And its only like 6$ so its well worth it in my opinion and I love the design on the one I linked too. Amazon is the best and most reliable place I've found for phone cases online. I've bought my last 6 cases from them. And you can't beat those prices. I've seen that same case in the mall but it was 25$ and the last case I got for my D2G before I switched to the DX, was only 8$ on Amazon plus it came with a free screen protector and they also had that case at a kiosk in the mall but it was 15$ and it didn't come with a screen protector. So my point being, go with Amazon to buy/find a case. Also, skins.com (I believe that's the URL for the site) is pretty cool, you can design your own case, you can even upload your own picture/design and they will put it on the case for you. Haven't tried it yet but I know people who have and they like them. But from what I've seen and heard, the best case for protection, is Ghost Armour. Its clear so you barely notice it, and I watched them take a drill with a Phillips head bit in it and run it all over the case and they dropped it from pretty high up and no matter what they did, it didn't leave a mark. It was amazing. The only downfall is they are hard as hell to put on. But at the mall near my house they have a ghost armour kiosk, and they will put it on for you and they have a machine that sucks it down to your phone so its on their perfectly.

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've tried and own the Otterbox Commuter, Otterbox Defender, Trident Kraken, and Incipio Silicrylic.

Right now the Incipio is on with a Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector.

I still love the size and protection of the Defender, but I like to pocket the phone so the smaller case is better for that. The Commuter is junk, total junk. The Kraken is a great case once you remove the built in screen protector, but again it's big so to pocket is hard.

Steve

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I don't even know who makes it, but I got a silicone case off Amazon for $4 (including shipping and tax). I *love* it!!

sodlierxm91l

Reaction score
Otterbox is excellent just the holster that I got a problem with. The belt clip is made chip. Ive had it for like five days and the clip broke on me today. .highly disappointed. Just wish someone can put just as much effort on a clip as they do a case

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
I have naztech vertex. I got it less than a week ago and so fari like it. It is much cheaper than any other major cases but its quite stylish and above all it's lint free. I heard it is discontinued but it is easy to find one that's cheap

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Case for Extended Battery

I have a Droid X on the way and it is being sent to me with an extended battery and cover. Anyone have recommendations for a case for that if one even exists?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I use the bodyglove case with the kickstand. I don't use it for protection though, I use it so I can clip it to my belt.

Hiker5208

Reaction score