Which Case Is Better

• Otterbox Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seidio Rugged

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

music_man185

Reaction score
i'm going to get a droid x later this week. i work in construction, so i need a case that will really protect my phone while at work. i've narrowed it down to the otterbox defender and seidio rugged. they both have pros and cons and i would like some input from people who have experience with both.

i like that the seidio has a cover for the camera lens. may get annoying when trying to take pictures, but will protect it never the less. it also seems that the seidio may offer more protection as it has the snap on shell, the rubber shell AND the outter skeleton. the otterbox only has the first 2.

the otterbox however has a built in screen protector. they are also known for the excellent quality and customer service, which counts for a lot these days.

i'm not sure if i would keep the case on my droid x on the weekends when i am not at work and do not that level of protection. so another issue i have is durability when taking off and putting back on repeatedly. i've read reviews that say the seidio rubber did not hold its shape after a while. since i'm thinking off going without the case on the weekend, i would want a film screen protector. how does the otterbox's screen protector work with a film screen protector?

droidx2.3.3

Reaction score
I have the otterbox defender and I love it. As for the screen protector, I have both on here. The one that you put on the phone and the built in one. Everything works fine and I can't even see them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
I have the otterbox defender and I love it. As for the screen protector, I have both on here. The one that you put on the phone and the built in one. Everything works fine and I can't even see them.

I have the smaller of the 2 otter box cases. I love it.

Line up:
Asus Transformer
DroidX
OgDroid

OP
M

music_man185

Reaction score
thanks for the help. i went ahead and ordered a defender case. along with a full body zagg screen protector. hadn't planned on adding a zagg, but it was only around $8 on ebay from a highly rated seller. so i thought, why not?​

OP
M

music_man185

Reaction score
upon further research, i'm finding out that most people are unsuccessful in using a zagg + otterbox defender on a touchscreen. some even say that they can't snap their otterbox together with the full body zagg on. i can understand the screen zagg causing issues with the screen protector on the defender. but is the back zagg protector really thick enough to keep the otterbox from snapping together?? if i can't use the screen protector, i would at least like to have the back protector for when i'm not using the otterbox.

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I just picked up a Droid X for my son yesterday, and have been looking at these two cases as well. I also have a Defender case on my Bionic, and had one on my Blackberry. Knowing how well Otterbox cases fit, I can't imagine them fitting over anything but a naked phone.

If you're inclined to remove the case on a regular basis, I would take another look at the Seideo case; the inner hard layer of their rugged case *IS* their surface case - it's designed to be able to be used independent of the other layers. This may offer the less bulky alternative you're looking for in a single package and be a better choice for you, given your needs.

Greeny

Reaction score
I have the razr and have a Zagg full invisible shield on it. I purchased the Otterbox Defender case and everything snapped together fine with one exception. The protector on the otterbox seems to want to suck down onto the phone screen making it look like a smear under the otterbox protector screen. If you lift the protector screen with a toothpick on the edge, the smear look disappears. Later it sucks back down and the smear is back. Haven't figured how to keep it from doing it. Anybody else have this problem.

Greeny

Reaction score
Well, I got so tired of seeing that smear effect between the otterbox protector screen and my Zagg Invisible Screen protector, that I removed the otterbox protector screen off their case. So much better now. I believe the two protectors were overkill and I preferred to leave the Zagg protector on the phone.

Greeny

Reaction score

What protector for the phone did you use? As you can see by my latest post. my otterbox screen protector seemed to suck down onto the Zagg protector and caused what looked like a smear effect. I could slide something behind the otterbox protector and break the seal between the two but it would suck right down again going back to the same smear effect.

Deelyles

Reaction score
Anyone use the otterbox computer case? Or seidio active for htc rezound?