What to do before a factory reset?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Right now, my Droid is running sholesmod 2.0.3. One of my paid apps will not install, it keeps giving me download unsuccessfull. It seems that the only solution is to do a factory reset. So my question is, what do I do? I'm planning on flashing the 2.0.1 (no root) rom and backing up all of my apps, did I miss anything? Thanks

don_813

Reaction score
i'm going to factory reset too, i dont think u need to do anything though

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well you don't NEED to do anything, but I'm sure app backups will be a big time saver, I won't need to re download them, I think? Can anyone think of something I should do before factory resetting besides unrooting and app backups?

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh also a question...if there are some apps I cannot backup, I can redownload them after the reset, right?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Oh also a question...if there are some apps I cannot backup, I can redownload them after the reset, right?

Yes, you can always redownload any app. Even paid ones as long as you log into the same gmail account. One thing you won't get if you do a backup and restore are messages in the market that you have app updates. The market only knows about apps you download from there. Since you are rooted you could try backing them up this way. This says it keeps their link in the market.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/13401-app-backup-market-relinking.html

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for your help

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member