What the HELL is with the dust specks under the glass???

xjman349

Reaction score
Dust under the screen is a legitimate reason to get a replacement. If you have this problem call customer service. They will replace it. Do not take it to a Verizon store. Sometimes stores will not replace but customer service will.

If its a legitimate problem either place will replace the phone.

bmore

Reaction score
This kid reminds me of "what about bob".

Im sure verizon would be happy to let you go to another carrier instead of dealing with your insanity.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dust under the screen is a legitimate reason to get a replacement. If you have this problem call customer service. They will replace it. Do not take it to a Verizon store. Sometimes stores will not replace but customer service will.

If its a legitimate problem either place will replace the phone.

No, not really. It's my experience from hanging around these forums that some Verizon stores (not all) have refused to exchange phones with dust in them. I've seen pictures of some really bad dust examples (Storms, not Droids) where store managers refused. However Verizon CSR's will do it with no questions asked. It's a known issue on the Storm.

baniels

Reaction score
Can you post some pictures?

I personally would not accept dust under the screen. I feel for you.

bL33d

Reaction score
I will assume no one actually carries there phone around in there pocket cause that would be sign of retardation. So that is weird where is the dirt coming from?

BTW had a iPhone for over a year no dust specs and my Droid wont either but I don't carry my phone in my pocket like a set of keys either.

A sign of retardation to carry a phone in your pocket? Don't think so!

Not a $25 flip phone no but a $500 smart phone ya.

frod329

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my droid, I have one spec of dust right under the motorola logo. Its where the black border meets the actual screen. Looks like it came in from the earpiece speaker opening. :icon_evil:

Mr. Premium

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my droid, I have one spec of dust right under the motorola logo. Its where the black border meets the actual screen. Looks like it came in from the earpiece speaker opening. :icon_evil:

I have the same thing! its more like a line of dust that spans across the top of the screen. If I am looking directly at the phone I can't see it at all. Only at steep angle and in good light can I actually see the line.

My 30 days is up and I don't have insurance so I guess I am hoping it doesn't get worse. I might try vacuuming the earpiece.

This sucks!

Bull4595

Reaction score
I had this happen to me last week...big spot of dust in the upper right corner. I took it to a verizon store and they switched it for a new DROID right out of the box, no questions asked. The tech said he had heard of this happening on some droids but it was the first he had seen. Also, I am on the last week of my first 30 days, but I dont think that matters for something like this because the tech never asked...dont know if I got lucky or if this is the way business is done because of a manufacturer defect.

If this is happening to you it cant hurt to go in and try. Like others have said, for a $300 device, things like this shouldnt be happening.

P_McNeal

Reaction score
I have *one* dust mote about 1" down from the logo, a half-inch from the left border. It's almost too small to see. But I see it. I didn't consider returning it, half out of lazness, and half because the sales rep at Best Buy would have to have similar eagle eyes as me to see it. I have, however, started a regular regimen of using a folded piece of tape in the earhole and holding the phone upside down and gently tapping it.