What the HELL is with the dust specks under the glass???

soba1

Reaction score
By All Means

It thats the case return it.................

cLovis_ll

Reaction score

andjarnic

Reaction score
In fairness to the OP.. while I don't agree giving up so soon on an awesome phone due to defects... but I am one of those unlucky fools that ALWAYS has problems with everything I buy. My brand new LCD TV (2 years ago now), would constantly go on with NO audio, had to turn it off and on several times for it to finally work. Spent hundreds replacing HDMI, fiber optic cables, receiver, etc.. no good. Same thing with my iPhone... had some issues.. lived with it. My Droid, I was so bummed..I brought it home, and it would randomly just go off and I had to pull the battery to get it to come back on. Got it replaced.. so far this 2nd one has been good.

But I do believe it's possible. If the OP bought it at a local store, it's possible a bad batch of phones made it to that store and the OP just got unlucky a 2nd time! I'd go back again and get a third, turn it on AT the store, make sure it all works.. then go with it or not.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's true in any case, i would be taking it back to verizon, saying this is defective give me a new one.

smiller

Reaction score
Don't give up!

Did you obtain both phones from the same location? If so they may received a bad batch of phones. You may try exchanging it at a different store. This can happen sometimes because some flaws may not be noticed during the QC process and is usually specific to a location.

Hope this helps, I would hate to see someone walk away from this phone and the service. I just switched from Sprint because of the bad service and couldn't be happier with Verizon and the Droid!

sir

Reaction score
not to stir the pot, but is the place where you're putting the phone overly dusty?

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I thought I noticed this on my phone when I first bought it a few days ago. I put a screen protector on it that I got from the store and I can't see a darn thing on it anymore. Maybe it moved off the screen?

Either way, I don't think its dead pixels. It was probably just something on the screen. I've been sitting here for 5min trying to look and find it again but I can't. I guess its gone whatever it was.

My only problem is I got a tiny hair stuck under my darn screen protector and it ticked me off so bad. Its annoying but I don't wanna go buy another piece of plastic just because of that, but its slightly annoying.

Highly suggest anyone putting the screen protector on to go in a dust/wind free environment before trying to slap those things on. Once a piece of dust touches it before you get it on the screen, its ruined because it sticks right too it, and touching it with your finger only makes it much worse.

I wasted 1 of my 3 screens in the pack because of that.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Posts like these really make me wonder. Am I missing something? I have no idea what you are talking about.

This, the Wifi, the GPS.. all these issues people are naming just make me shake my head. I have NONE of these issues. Am I lucky or is everyone else crazy?

-Wil
Same. No problems with my unit at all and I got it on release day. Which shouldn't matter cause all the Droids out came from the batch.

adam8ch

Reaction score
I found a spec of dust under my screen too. I didn't actually notice it until I read this thread so I'm not sure how long its been there. It doesn't move when I shake the screen so I'm not sure how it got there in the first place. It bothers me a little bit, but not enough to swap my phone. If more of them show up I'll take it back. In the meantime I'm gonna try to see if I can't shake it to the side at least.

tc1

Reaction score
I was actually worried about this problem....I had a Motorola Adventure that is supposed to be military spec vibration/shock/DUST PROOF. and it ended up getting more dust and "fluff" under the screen than any phone I have ever had.

My droid has a piece of lint or something in it, it is pretty far up to where looking straight at the screen you cant see it but at an angle you can.

It is annoying when you spend your hard earned money and something distracting like that happens.

BzB

Reaction score
Nothing under my glass but a pristine beautiful screen. :)

This can't be as bad or common as the dust boulders I and many others eventually had under my storm 1 screen.

With the droid its more likely that anything under the screen got there during assembly. I'd return and get another.

kev83202

Reaction score
Just be glad it's not a storm, my 2nd storm of 4 looked like this after 2 weeks, and yes that's all under the screen.

IMG00003-20090413-1654.jpg