Seriously? Speck of dust under glass in middle of screen

IanG

Reaction score
Okay, so I've treated my BIONIC like a baby, and today I noticed while cleaning the screen there is a small speck of dust under the glass on the screen, almost in the center of the screen. How it got it's way there, I have NO idea, especially since it's so far under the glass. It really traveled a long way if it got in from the side of the glass.

Does anyone know what I can do to remove it? I've only had my BIONIC for about a month now and again, I treat it like a baby. This really puts a damper on my day.

Ian

OP
I

IanG

Reaction score
Trying compressed air to no avail. Really worried about scratching the plastic around the screen. Ugh :( I've never dropped it or had it in a dirty place, either.

cbrmike

Reaction score
Wow I have the same thing going on with mine, I baby mine also and keep it in the leather case from verizon.Then last week I thought I had a dead pixle then relized it was a speck of dust.... that kinda bummed me a bit.

b0n3s

Reaction score
Im guessing that could qualify for a warranty replacement

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dust under the screen being cause for a warranty replacement? I seriously doubt that. It seems more like usual wear and tear that wouldn't be covered.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've seen people return for lesser reasons...
Edit. LESS minor that is...I'm tired...lol
Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

b0n3s

Reaction score
Dust under the screen being cause for a warranty replacement? I seriously doubt that. It seems more like usual wear and tear that wouldn't be covered.
It seems that the screen wasnt properly installed which could mean possibly more problems down the road...its always worth a shot i suppose

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Heck, visit AVS forums on occasion and see people return 60 inch TVs for one stuck pixel in the bottom edge of the screen. You gotta get inches from the screen to even notice.

xmguy

Reaction score
Reason most (myself included) people exchange or return items like this is because it's a very expensive purchase. So people want a flaw free device.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
welp, we ain't got one yet. hopefully this month will bring us closer. :)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just an idea, but have you tried gently pushing down next to the speck and pushing it to the side?

OP
I

IanG

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I think I'll try giving Verizon a call today and see what they say. Shadez, I have not but I will give it a try and let you know on the results.

Ian