What the Heck is Tap Talk?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
perhaps it is a few-day notification? i dunno.. i'll let you know what happens in the mod forum about it.
Nope, pops up for me every time too. Pisses me off. I stopped surfing the forums from my phone.

yeah i mean maybe it will be gone in a few days.. but it seems like that isn't the case, as per miami's post.

don't worry folks, it's being looked into

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Some (ME!) are greatful for it :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Can you search "new posts" with tapatalk?
When I login to a forum it comes up with a list of "latest" posts. Which looks to be the equivalent of "New Posts."

I'm playing with it from home today, but spending most of my forum time on my laptop. So others more familiar with Tapatalk may chime in.

Question for those getting the popups:
I have Tapatalk pro installed and still got the popup when I used the browser. I cancelled and didn't get it again. Are you guys getting the popup multiple times in the same browsing session?

Thanks,
Mike

I click cancel every time and it pops up when I move to the next topic or click respond...no matter how I navigate it pops up every time and I click cancel every time. I did not realize I would have to actually use the tapatalk app to browse the forum...I thought it was an add on for the browser. I want to use the built in browser to browse. I don't have a problem that needs a solution like tapatalk. It serves no purpose for me.

Nate

Mikejl

Reaction score
Can you search "new posts" with tapatalk?
When I login to a forum it comes up with a list of "latest" posts. Which looks to be the equivalent of "New Posts."

I'm playing with it from home today, but spending most of my forum time on my laptop. So others more familiar with Tapatalk may chime in.

I have Tapatalk pro installed and still got the popup when I used the browser. I cancelled and didn't get it again. Are you guys getting the popup multiple times in the same browsing session?

Thanks,
Mike

I click cancel every time and it pops up when I move to the next topic or click respond...no matter how I navigate it pops up every time and I click cancel every time. I did not realize I would have to actually use the tapatalk app to browse the forum...I thought it was an add on for the browser. I want to use the built in browser to browse. I don't have a problem that needs a solution like tapatalk. It serves no purpose for me.

Nate
This is not good. There has to be a setting to turn that popup off. No Forum would keep the Tapatalk Forum plugin installed if was going to nag their members away from using the board.

Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks,
Mike

Nate
This is not good. There has to be a setting to turn that popup off. No Forum would keep the Tapatalk Forum plugin installed if was going to nag their members away from using the board.

Mike
I saw that last night. It went away today though, I'm not getting it anymore on my Droid.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Nate
sit tight Nate....

I can assure you the admins will get the issue resolved.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score

Nate
sit tight Nate....

I can assure you the admins will get the issue resolved.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Im sitting tight. Don't worry. It pleases me to no end that you guys are working on it.

What I'd really like to know is how does this thing beat my pop up blocker? I mean...I know you guys are all hackers, but this is somehting else. Pop up blockers are supposed to block these things. Is it a screw up in my browser? Maybe I messed it up with the custom rom installs.

Nate

Mikejl

Reaction score
Nate,

Are you blocking cookies?

I just blocked cookies and cleared my cookie cache. I'm now getting the popups all the time. Allow cookies and the popups will go away.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Nate,

Are you blocking cookies?

I just blocked cookies and cleared my cookie cache. I'm now getting the popups all the time. Allow cookies and the popups will go away.

Mike

Well...I be a cow's *****rdly. I set allow cookies on and no more pop ups.

Thanks. Back to posting on my Droid. I should not tell you guys where I am sitting when I catch up on Droidforums. LOL

Nate

J

JohnDroid

Nate,

For the record I have a question.

Did you get the popup on your Droid browser, not the PC/Mac right?

Did it happen on the Mobile skin?

I've never gotten the popup so I'm curious.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Nate,

For the record I have a question.

Did you get the popup on your Droid browser, not the PC/Mac right?

Did it happen on the Mobile skin?

I've never gotten the popup so I'm curious.

I have the forum bookmarked on my Droid. Each time I close out the browser and open the bookmark..I get the pop-up.

thread

Reaction score
What I'd really like to know is how does this thing beat my pop up blocker? I mean...I know you guys are all hackers, but this is somehting else. Pop up blockers are supposed to block these things. Is it a screw up in my browser? Maybe I messed it up with the custom rom installs.

It's not technically a pop-up, but a javascript "alert" ... it's just supposed to give you an informational, and cannot include a banner image or even a link. So popup blockers don't worry about them.

On another note, is Tapatalk supposed to be working for the forum right now? I just get a "HTTP status code: 404 != 200" and nothing else. That is, unless "The Droid Forums" isn't ours. In that case, I can't even find it.

bennyj

Reaction score
What I'd really like to know is how does this thing beat my pop up blocker? I mean...I know you guys are all hackers, but this is somehting else. Po

It's not technically a pop-up, but a javascript "alert" ... it's just supposed to give you an informational, and cannot include a banner image or even a link. So popup blockers don't worry about them.

On another note, is Tapatalk supposed to be working for the forum right now? I just get a "HTTP status code: 404 != 200" and nothing else. That is, unless "The Droid Forums" isn't ours. In that case, I can't even find it.

you need the Motorola Droid Forums. I'm using tapatalk to reply to this thread.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
What I'd really like to know is how does this thing beat my pop up blocker? I mean...I know you guys are all hackers, but this is somehting else. Po

Its named Motorola Droid Forums on tapatalk.