What the future holds for Black Juice themes...

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
To make a long story short I broke my phone. Snow blower + Droid X = no good. With out having a functioning X its going to make it hard to develop themes. I'm missing Focused already (running a stock D1 atm). I don't have insurance on the phone so I have to scrape together some cash to get a decent used phone. This is not a plea for donations and I'm not asking anyone for help (although any donations would be greatly appreciated). I just wanted to update everyone on the current state of development for Black Juice Themes. Also, my progress on Liberty 1.5 theme's has stopped. I just don't feel comfortable pushing out themes without testing them myself. Quality is something I have always tried to deliver to you guys. Ill be sure to keep you guys posted on development in the future! In the mean time, enjoy my Focused 1.9.7 themes, they may be the last versions for a few until I can get a new phone.

Thanks Everyone!
Juice

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
oh noes! That sucks - good luck, man! Have you looked into home owners/renters insurance? That might be something to consider...

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
oh noes! That sucks - good luck, man! Have you looked into home owners/renters insurance? That might be something to consider...

I dunno if renters insurance would cover a mobile phone, I'm sure the deductible would be more then $200-400 dollars?

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

I dunno if renters insurance would cover a mobile phone, I'm sure the deductible would be more then $200-400 dollars?

It all depends on your coverage, who it's with, and how they process the claim. For example, we have some jewelry that has a $0 deductible but it's specifically-covered possessions. You may be right that you have a significant deductible, but it may still be significantly less than what you'd otherwise pay. Especially if they also cover your damaged snow blower from the incident! ;-)

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you bought it straight out without contract when you got it, Letstalk has them for 29.99 but its with a 2 year contract. There was a guy in one of these forums selling one for 400 I think. Brand new.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
sking0621 is the guy. 3weeks old. Has the bundle. All for 400.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hmm thanks for the info guys! Gonna be a few weeks until I can save up $400, I'm still paying off Christmas lol

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Honestly I cant sit here and not theme... Anyone want to test some Liberty 1.5 ports for me? Shoot me a PM if interested. Thanks!

mcp770

Reaction score
Good lord man, always take the insurance. Slide you some funds Friday. Keep us posted on how much you still need.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Snow blower fail! Not a good look. Sorry to hear the bad news. Not so much for me but I know how much of a pain this is for ya.

I ran two themes on 1.9.7 while waiting for bj and well, my sig says it all. It may be next week but I'll send you some appreciation for your work again.

Best wishes, hope ya get that DX asap!

DX~rubiX Focused 1.9.7~BJ Ginger~1.45GHz SULV via DF app

Bald Steve

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that, man. I downloaded Liberty 1.5 the other night but was, honest to god, waiting for you to port Black Juice over to that version before installing. Been using it since it dropped for RubiX. You do great work, and I hope you get it worked out.

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Thanks for the support guys! I appreciate it! I'm going to try and port over my themes to Liberty 1.5 without testing myself (I have a few people testing for me) Its going to be a process but hopefully it wont slow development to much.

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have enough testers now! Thank you for the over whelming amount of offers for testing, its greatly appreciated. Busy tonight and tomorrow (Super Bowl) but I will start working on Liberty 1.5 next week. Ill be in contact with those of you who sent me PM's. Thanks again!

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I got my W2 on Saturday and went to get my taxes done. Getting a small return but it should be enough to find a decent phone, just wanted to let you guys know I should be back in action in 2 weeks. Thanks again for the support everyone, its greatly appreciated!

N

Nickchapa

i sent you $30 (full time student and part time job to blame) hope it helps. also eager for black juice red :)