What should I do?

heath223

Reaction score
I have reached my last straw on my D3 as far as battery life. Mine SUCKS! I have taken the phone to stock and left every screen blank for a battery cycle(No change). Taken it to Verizon and they tested the battery and said it was GTG. This morning I took it off the charger around 3AM. Didn't touch it till 7:30 and it's at 91%. Played with it less than 10 minutes then went to sleep. Woke up and checked it at 12PM down to 81%. Played with it another 20 min. and it's down to 73%.
It now shows Cell standby 47% Phone idle 44% and Display 3%, 30min.

I have had the original Droid the D2 and Iphone over the last year and a half and none were this bad(as I remember). I know on my Iphone I would take it off the charger at 6AM and if I left it alone at noon it would be 98% or better. Even while playing with it I would not loose battery as fast as this D3 does.

So my ? is do I return it and get something else or do I hold out and hope they come out with an update to fix it.

Reaction score
I think you have a defective battery. I had the droid 2 and recently got the droid 3 and battery life is identical to the droid 2 in my experience. the verizon rep may have said it was fine, but I wouldn't take his word for it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
I think you have a defective battery. I had the droid 2 and recently got the droid 3 and battery life is identical to the droid 2 in my experience. the verizon rep may have said it was fine, but I wouldn't take his word for it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Agreed!

My D3 is great on battery. i spent an hour messing on FB, the web and texting and it was only at 75% and thats after being off the charger since 6 am, making 2 phone calls and being on wifi all day.

when you say back to stock do you mean a factory date reset or just removing everything? if no reset i would try that.

request a new battery.

B

Darksthour

Reaction score
What I have found was changing the phone to CDMA only not global and also if you have the wifi on all the time like I did with my D1 it kills your battery. I had the setting always to never shut off wifi but I found that was the main cause of my battery life being crap. Now I have it set to shut off after a while with the screen off and use the wifi widget on the home screen to turn it on and off easily while browsing. It really does help a lot.

OP
heath223

heath223

Reaction score
I got mine figured out I will not have any more battery troubles. I took it back.