very poor battery life

lime4x4

Reaction score
very poor battery life on ics and jelly bean

I've tried numerous battery re-calibrations on my droid razr. Battery life was pretty decent on gingerbread then when my phone was updated to ics it suffered. Now that i upgraded to jelly bean it still sucks. If i unplug the phone from the charger at 6am by 5 pm it was just about dead and that's with very little use. When my area went to 4g now i'm lucky if i make it till 12 noon and i hardly use the phone. I thought it was due to 4g so i disabled that now the phone will last to about 1 1:30 again with very lite use. When i unplug the phone from the charger it shows 100% charge. When i arrive at work an hour later i'm already down to 91% and i didn't even use the phone. When i check what is using the battery the android os is the culprit at over 60%. The phone is 14 months old. Is it possible the battery is just starting to go?

IanG

Reaction score
Have you performed a Factory Data Reset? Sounds like you may need to do that.

Raydee35

Reaction score
I had the same problem and ended up going back to ICS. 215 and that is where my OG RAZR is staying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Raydee35

Reaction score
Sorry I should have said that I didn't try the official update. I tried all the JB ROMS that are out and found that none of them gave me good battery life. Maybe if I had the maxx it would be better but with my original RAZR the JB ROMS were horrible for battery life.

mooch91

Reaction score
My maxx has been phenomenal on battery since jelly bean. Got 2.5 days and was at 30% when I put it on the charger. On ics I would be at the same place by 6 pm.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Raydee35

Reaction score
My maxx has been phenomenal on battery since jelly bean. Got 2.5 days and was at 30% when I put it on the charger. On ics I would be at the same place by 6 pm.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

What version of ICS were you running? Both. 211 and. 214 both ate my battery like crazy but. 215 has been great for me.

Krenzy

Reaction score
I'm on JB and have done an FDR on my maxx, but I only get around 8-10 hours tops before I hit 30-40%. I use my phone but not constantly, and I end the processes constantly after use. Do you guys with incredible battery life even use your phones lol?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
y6evu9e9.jpg

abeduhu9.jpg

u6u9yqu4.jpg

9ade2ume.jpg

ure9asuh.jpg

Not too bad in my book.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

lime4x4

Reaction score
I haven;t tried a factory data reset cause cause i didn't want to go thru the whole process of reloading all my apps and info again. When i upgraded to jelly bean i never did the wipe cache part. Could that have effected the upgrade and battery use?

OP
L

lime4x4

Reaction score
heres mine after 6 hours and only did 4 text messages

2012-12-31 13.24.27-1.resized.jpg

Inky1216

Reaction score
I am also suddenly seeing severe battery drain on my Razr and its driving me crazy! I can't even make it thru a 12 hr shift at work and that is with a few times hitting the power button to check the time (its my watch at times) and sending about 5 texts back and forth. That is crazy! Still on ICS and not rooted. So I've been trying to figure this out and the only big change is switching from imo to IM+ as my im app. That switches to push after 1 min of not using the app and doesn't really make much of a dent in the list of things using the battery. What I have noticed, however, is that every time my phone drops and regains 4G, it turns the screen on, even tho I'm on my Wi-Fi . I'm close to the edge of 4G at my house, so even while typing this it prob happened 2-3 times and I currently have only 2 bars. I'm sitting 6 ft from my router and nothing else is running on the Wi-Fi right now, so this screenshot makes no sense either. Help?!?

IMG_20130101_114217.jpg

mooch91

Reaction score
What version of ICS were you running? Both. 211 and. 214 both ate my battery like crazy but. 215 has been great for me.

I was using the official release (211?).

bauerat02

Reaction score
Media and Android OS are now battery hogs

I am experiencing much worse battery life after the Jelly Bean update as well. My two biggest culprits are Media and Android OS, both using much larger amounts of power than the screen, which was the biggest user before the update. I tried force stopping the media app and clearing cache, but that only helped for a day. Any ideas of what Media is and why its using so much power now?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I suggest to anyone experiencing worse performance after the update to do a factory reset. It worked wonders for the HD after the JB update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2