What kernels is everyone using?

jchammer123

Reaction score
I know that chevys kernel works with miui and the app. Try wiping data on the app itself.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
dpaine88

dpaine88

Reaction score
I know that chevys kernel works with miui and the app. Try wiping data on the app itself.

Hm, thats a great idea. But sadly, there does not appear to be any app data/cache listed. :(

OP
dpaine88

dpaine88

Reaction score
Well just as you said jchammer, Chevys kernels do work fine with the Virt OC app. Deprimed/Pete's are a no-go.

Also had Pete's bring up a "system" FC upon boot.

EDIT: Not only do Chevys work...they FLY!!! Huge upgrade over stock so far , but I am running interactive

KJW979

Reaction score
Well just as you said jchammer, Chevys kernels do work fine with the Virt OC app. Deprimed/Pete's are a no-go.

Also had Pete's bring up a "system" FC upon boot.

EDIT: Not only do Chevys work...they FLY!!! Huge upgrade over stock so far , but I am running interactive

Deprimed do work, perhaps not on your phone. I did have to flash twice to get overclock app working.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only problem I ever had with Chevy's kernels is that they always break compcache for some reason. Deprimed is always nice but its too much temptation to continuously play with the settings lol. Besides I'd like to know what voltages other kernels run at to know if I'm really running below their voltage or not

supercharged modified liquid 3.0 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.8 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

OP
dpaine88

dpaine88

Reaction score
Only problem I ever had with Chevy's kernels is that they always break compcache for some reason. Deprimed is always nice but its too much temptation to continuously play with the settings lol. Besides I'd like to know what voltages other kernels run at to know if I'm really running below their voltage or not

19.8 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

Luckily I dont use compcache so not a problem.

Does the Virtious OC app work with Petes for you? It force closes for me on both Petes and Deprimed.

chewy74

Reaction score
Pete's kernel breaks virtuous app for me and compcache

motcher41

Reaction score
Using Chevy's latest lv1.2 clocked 125-1.1 using virtuous with ondemand gov.
Only works when u do a fresh install of rom and flash kernel directly after. Ulv1.2 caused the phone.apk to FC repeatedly. Might have just been my phone causing FC. No issue with 1.10.28 and Chevy's lv1.2 7slot
Miui to me just gas to be overclocked. Stock kernal at 800 just not good enough. Couldn't use browser or do much without serious lag.
Almost forgot. After an OTA update u need to reflash kernal.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Chevy's LV .9
Using any ULV kernal makes my OG run hot and it doesn't sleep well. Android OS will run at 40% on a ULV kernal and 3% on a LV kernal.

abqcub

Reaction score
Where are you guys getting your kernels from? I got caught up with life and was just re-flashing Chevy's for months from ROM Manager, but the latest update was like in June. I think I'm out of the loop somewhere. Also are people finding better results with SetCPU or with the built in Virtuous?

jchammer123

Reaction score
When I was on miui, I had better results with the built in overclock app. What kernel are you looking for? They're all over the forums.

abqcub

Reaction score
I usually use low voltage ones ranging from 1 ghz-1.2 ghz. Basically anything thats fast, easy on battery life. I kind of got dependent on rom manager and I don't have the time I used to search the interwebs and then flash and test. If there's another application similar to rom manager that has these listed and updated that would be great. If not, links are always nice :)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys getting your kernels from? I got caught up with life and was just re-flashing Chevy's for months from ROM Manager, but the latest update was like in June. I think I'm out of the loop somewhere. Also are people finding better results with SetCPU or with the built in Virtuous?

The forums here have them, deprimed is in cyanogenmod thread and Pete has kernels in his thread and Chevys are in the chevyno1 thread, all are stickied

19.8 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

abqcub

Reaction score
The forums here have them, deprimed is in cyanogenmod thread and Pete has kernels in his thread and Chevys are in the chevyno1 thread, all are stickied

19.8 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

Ah, thank you, I was looking for Deprimed. It seems Pete's and Chevy's still haven't been updated since around May/June...