LED light problem & Kernel question

BKrazer

Reaction score
I just switched over to the latest MIUI, and for the most part, everything is working right, except for the LED light. Before I was able to customize the LED light to always stay on whenever I have new txt messages, but now, I can't seem to do that. I have the LED settings of the phone on default, and I'm using the same Handcent(the txt app I use) settings as I did before, but it doesn't seem to work for this new version of MIUI(it worked on the previous version I was on prior). Any ideas?

And on another note, which Kernel would you guys recommend for this version? I seem to always boot loop if I use slayher kernels, so now I just reinstalled and stuck with the stock kernel which works fine, but is a tad bit slow.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am running a ChevyNo1 Kernel for now to see how it goes. So far so good, but I am still having annoying 'pausing' and some FC that I can't figure out.

As for the LED I really don't know because I always just use the stock messaging on MIUI because its so nice. The froyo version allowed us to choose a different LED color for MMS but gingerbread doesn't hmmm :(

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just switched over to the latest MIUI, and for the most part, everything is working right, except for the LED light. Before I was able to customize the LED light to always stay on whenever I have new txt messages, but now, I can't seem to do that. I have the LED settings of the phone on default, and I'm using the same Handcent(the txt app I use) settings as I did before, but it doesn't seem to work for this new version of MIUI(it worked on the previous version I was on prior). Any ideas?

And on another note, which Kernel would you guys recommend for this version? I seem to always boot loop if I use slayher kernels, so now I just reinstalled and stuck with the stock kernel which works fine, but is a tad bit slow.

I'm not sure about the mms problem because I don't use handsent. For your kernel issue, try wipeing just your cache before flashing it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums