What is your uptime?

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
201:15. Got the phone two weeks ago today.

I've never needed to do a battery pull, but I have turned it off at night if I was too lazy to get out of bed and then go find the charger.

Last edited:

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Man, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I do get spontaneous restarts. I don't consider it a problem since it's only every 8-10 days. But you guys are probably pushing your phone harder than I am and you're making it twice as long.

iPirate

Reaction score
132:16:17

I pulled the battery out once on Saturday because the screen wouldn't turn on :(. I have had it for one week now.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I just had to reboot yesterday to get the POP Email app to work. It had stopped accessing the server, and a reboot brought it back to life where a forced stop wouldn't. Several other times I've chosen to reboot when some app or another gets quirky - taking me to blank screens, etc. I figure if an app gets quirky it is best to reboot, perhaps heading off memory corruption. In other cases I've only had to deinstall and reinstall an app, but no reboot.

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
DROID doesn't need rest?

I've been shutting my Droid down pretty much every night... just thought it was a common thing to do..... just curious as to why y'all aren't shutting your Droids down?

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I don't shut it down unless I have to.

Since it is my cell phone, and that number is usually the one friends and family call first, I leave it on all the time, especially at night, I would hate to miss an emergency, or urgent phone call.

I am at 9 days, 15 hours and 50 minutes.:motdroidvert::icon_ banana:

The only problem I have had was my "Radar Now" app force closed the other day.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I've been shutting my Droid down pretty much every night... just thought it was a common thing to do..... just curious as to why y'all aren't shutting your Droids down?

I gave up my landline years ago and only have one phone--my cell. So I tend to leave it on.

I've also found that Verizon phones don't notify you of Missed Calls when they have been shut off, which makes me crazy. Leaving it on solves that problem.

The Droid may give you Missed Calls that were missed while the phone was off, but I am playing it safe.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine is a whopping 10:40. I do a lot of app installs, removals, etc. and I guess I still have that Blackberry syndrome where I think I have to power cycle the phone.

From a former VZW standpoint, people used to call in and tell me their incoming phone calls would go right to voicemail or their text messaging was sporadically either not being able to send or receive. It was then that I'd find out they left them on for days and a simple power cycle or battery removal with the phone on fixed their issue. It's like my Vista computer at home, when it gets slow, unresponsive or sluggish or something, I reboot it...same thing with the Droid or any phone, it's a small computer and do need to be rebooted occasionally.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
not much, about 10min. I have to do periodic battery pulls because things stop working. Example just a few minutes ago my browser wouldn't work at all. I know it wasn't a service issue because dolphin worked and my wife's browser was working fine. I don't know if there is a way to force close the browser or not.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
My Droid running 2.0.1 had broken about 400 hours before i had to reboot it. I hit an issue where i would call someone, it would connect then after about 5 seconds hang up. The issue was resolved after the reboot.

This is still MUCH better uptime than what i had with 2.0 where i had to reboot it every 3-4 days, sometimes more.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
...and I'm back to zero. Spontaneous shutdown. This time it shut down; usually it's a spontaneous restart.

Daver

Reaction score
276:24:30 and counting, all is well. I try to remember to reboot it once every week or 2, unless it does something stupid, which hasn't really happened.