Text Messaging and Youtube videos

mishadancer

Reaction score
Just a couple questions from a gal who is slowly trying to learn all the simple features of the Droid. Hopefully, one of these days I'll advance to delving into the more complex. Questions are as follows:

1. Right now, the phone seems to only allow me to send a text message to a single phone number. This is a strange limitation so there must be something I'm missing. How can I go about easily picking names from my phone contacts so I can send a single text message to multiple recipients (without having to remember names and type them in - I want to scroll and pick)? Also, how do I go about setting up groups or distribution lists - something I was able to do on my prior Motorola phone?

2. When I view youtube videos, I always have to go to the menu and choose "view in high quality" in order to have the video best quality play. This is annoying to have to do everytime I play a video - is there anyway to set up an option that defaults to high quality?

3. Can I set it up so that my own account page is what pops up with I choose the youtube shortcut? I'm sick of seeing the "most viewed" videos come up since I have almost no interest in what everyone else things is hot on youtube. I want to just go to my own account page and navigate from there.

Any insights anyone has on these questions above would be appreciated. Thanks!!

helter

Reaction score
Great questions
I've been having the same problems

superglen99

Reaction score
I can answer your first question. for a single texts to multiple contacts you just click where it says "to" and begin to type someones name and it will give you a list of people in your contacts with that name and then you just click on the name you want and then repeat to add as many people as you went, then send! as far a a group, you can download a great free texting app called handcent. it allows all the functions you want and is very customizeable. you can even have it split up text messages over 160 characters into seperate texts for us verizon users! I cant help with questions 2 or 3