What is your uptime?

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Well, I know some of y'all are gonna think that I'm totally lame for doing this, but I don't care. LOL

I've broken the 1,000-hour mark for Droid Uptime. WOOT!

Managed to snap a pic of the glorious event (but it took a sec for the camera to focus, so it actually says 1000:00:01). LOL

So how long has it been since you've rebooted your Droid, eh?

Droids

Reaction score
Currently at 335 hours. Once in awhile I forget to charge it and it turns off, otherwise it would probably be 1000 or more as I never manually turn it off or reboot it.

roflcopters

Reaction score
These numbers show how well Android actually manages its resources and whatnot. When I was running Windows Mobile I'd have to restart every 3 or 4 days to keep it fairly smooth. Also, I'm at 22:30 :-/

R1Lover

Reaction score
Mine will restart on its own when using it with my turck and bluetooth... there must be some type of bug between the pioneer bluetooth unit and the driod.

As for other normal restarts, I normally have some type of issue like e-mail not coming through to where I need to restart it. So i'm not about to look at mine as it's probably 8 hours maybe lol

MrTommy

Reaction score
Changed my mind

Yup, now I don't care how long it's on. I discovered that "Airplane Mode" is great. I hit that and I don't have to worry about incoming calls, messages, or any other noise. But best of all, I just shut the thing off! GASP!! I know - blasphemy. But hey, nothing saves battery power like non-use...

:icon_evil:

Laurence5905

Reaction score
But hey, nothing saves battery power like non-use...

Well, that's certainly very true. If you're in a place where you know you won't be able to charge for awhile, and you don't care about missing incoming calls or texts, then it definitely makes sense to keep it off, and just turn it on every once in awhile to check messages or whatever.

Or, you know, if the CIA is after you or something... Better safe than sorry. :biggrin:

streetkid

Reaction score
Wow -- blew right past the 1,500-hour mark without even noticing...

I'm at 1558:47:43 right now.

nerd! Just kidding, I remember this being a challenge between my gamer friends on IRC years ago when we used to clan TFC. (a giant high 5 to anyone who played TFC)

My uptime is 194:14:25 but its acting kind of funny with the messaging app, thinking of rebooting it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the last time I rebooted is when I rooted and applied SG4.5
settings/about/status says 96:20

In terminal emulator I type the linux command for how long a linux system has been up, which is "uptime".

01:54:55 up 3 days, 18:36 .......

96 hours=4 days. They don't match up. hmmmrph.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Well, I made it almost to the 2,055-hour mark... Phone rebooted on its own today while I was using the Bubble-Level app... Had zero problems with the phone being unstable or anything before that...

So -- at least we know for a fact that you shouldn't have to reboot your Droid on a daily or weekly basis. Mine hadn't been rebooted since the 2.0.1 update back on December 11, 2009.

Oh, and don't run the Bubble-Level app for more than about 3 or 4 minutes. It will reboot your phone, apparently. LOL

demon117

Reaction score
Glad to see people surpassed my highest of 1100+ hrs... I rebooted because calls to my dad's Sprint service weren't going through... come to find out the issue was on his side... bugger it all.