What is your uptime?

lockman

Reaction score
I just hit 108 hours. Mine seems to get slow and flaky every hundred hours or so. Which is what its being right now. So I'm gonna finish this post and reboot.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Well, I uninstalled and re-installed the widget that was acting up, and that seems to have corrected the problem. No more force-closes of that widget, and the phone seems to be back to normal.

486+ hours and counting. Looks like I might just make the 500-hour mark after all.

As to why I'm doing this? Well... I guess it's just the geek in me. "Let's see just how long we can keep this computer going..." That kind of thing...

MrTommy

Reaction score
Whoa!

I didn't know what you folks were talking about at first. So I followed the instructions on the first post to see what I had. 28 minutes...

Since I still live in the old fashioned world, I shut the 'phone' off every night (or day, if that's when I'm home and sleeping). I don't want friends, family, and especially work, calling and waking me up. Since I'm a truck driver, most all my friends are as well, and we work all kinds of goofy hours. We call each other's cell phones any time, knowing/assuming if you're not at work, your phone is off and we won't wake each other up.

But now that I see the 'test' is on, here on the forum, I'll start leaving my phone on - and safely in the garage out of hearing range (ha) to see how long a stretch I can go without having to re-boot.

Interesting thread. :icon_eek:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hitting up on 30... Loaded up a 2.1 build on Thursday :motdroidhoriz:

Reaction score
I have the advantage of using my cell phone as my alarm clock, so I need to keep it on and charged.

Anyone want to race me to 1000? :greendroid:

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
467:39 as of this morning. The only time it's ever been shut down is when I forgot to put it on the charger one night and the reboot after the last update. Still working great.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
58 Mins here :icon_ banana:

Laurence5905

Reaction score
But now that I see the 'test' is on, here on the forum, I'll start leaving my phone on - and safely in the garage out of hearing range (ha) to see how long a stretch I can go without having to re-boot.

Interesting thread. :icon_eek:

Or do what I do -- turn the volume all the way to zero. That way, I can put it in the dock on my bedside table, and I can use it as a clock/alarm while it charges.

FireDroid

Reaction score
there is also a silent mode that will silence everything but your alarms!

Laurence5905

Reaction score
there is also a silent mode that will silence everything but your alarms!

Oh, yeah? I haven't tried Silent Mode because I was concerned that it would also silence the alarms. I simply hold down the Volume-Down button 'till it goes past the point of vibrating. Then, when I get up, I hold down the Volume-Up button 'till it's at 100%. I'll try Silent Mode tonight, just for kicks... Thanks for the tip.

FireDroid

Reaction score
I use it at the firestation, it works great. Some of the guys go to bed earlier than I so I will put it in silent mode so all notifications are silent but I will hear the alarm, then I will still be able to see the notification LED or status bar. Also in the morning if you hit the vol. up it will kill silent mode and put it back to where your volume was at.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Thought this was goofy. Now I'm hooked!

When I first read this post, I thought, "Who cares?".

Now I'm hooked! I check this stuff all the time.

So, since reading the post, my "Uptime" is 48 hours, 42 mins.

Time since unplugged is one day, nine hours - and counting.

Only on a Droid (or comparable phone, if there is such a thing!) can you keep track of such minutia. But then, these are hand-held computers. The phone aspect is but a small, almost afterthought portion of its capabilities. I wonder why laptop manufacturers haven't gotten on the bandwagon and come up with a way for their buyers to make phone calls... Jussssst kidding!

Mark my words, at some point Droid-like hand-held computers will be way more powerful and capable than they are now, and they won't make phone calls. We'll have to roll out our old LG510's for that. :)