What is your favorite launcher for the Droid 3?

MJ5150

Reaction score
I got my D3 today. One of the first apps I downloaded was Launcher Pro, and unlocked it to Plus with my code. The others are good too, I am just used to using Federico's.

-Mike

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I got my D3 today. One of the first apps I downloaded was Launcher Pro, and unlocked it to Plus with my code. The others are good too, I am just used to using Federico's.

-Mike

Launcher Pro also requires too many privileges for my liking. The candidates for me are ADW, Zeam, and Nemus. I have them all installed but currently I think that ADW is the best. Anyone know of any other launcher that don't require ridiculously intrusive privileges?

MJ5150

Reaction score
I breezed right through the permissions screen, maybe I should have stopped to read it. I have been using LP since about the time it came out, so it would be really hard for me to switch. That being said, I will check out Zeam and Nemus, I am not familiar with those.

-Mike

svickstc

Reaction score
Right now I am running ADW EX Launcher at the recommendation of another member...

I really liked it so far, might try a few others out down the road...

haroldbmx

Reaction score
What's a "launcher"?

It's an app that replaces your phones stock homescreens. You can change your grid layouts, home screen to screen rotation, add home screens, change fonts, colors, docks, etc. It's pretty much something to take the stock look out and change it to how YOU want it to be. Try panda home, adw launcher, or launcher pro. Their all in the market. Hope this helps.

-T0k3n1

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

svickstc

Reaction score
What's a "launcher"?

A launcher basically controls the graphic user interface (GUI) Its your home screen, your app drawer, and the way certain user controls are preferenced.

Your stock Droid 3 has a built in launcher...

Downloading an app launcher just allows for further control of the GUI and customization of the interface...

curtiso

Reaction score
thanks for explaining 'launcher' to the dweeb; don't think I'll be going there any time soon as I am still learning how to use this thing (first time with a smart phone).

svickstc

Reaction score
thanks for explaining 'launcher' to the dweeb; don't think I'll be going there any time soon as I am still learning how to use this thing (first time with a smart phone).

Oh you will go there soon haha, im sure you will be debating root or not then be rooted soon enough ;)

Have fun

Johnnyb

Reaction score
I'm going to get Rocket Launcher right now. I'm currently happy with GO Launcher EX and I've used AWD and Launcher Pro. I'd likely still be with Launcher Pro (plus) but Frederico hasn't released an upgrade/update in a while.

Sent from my SteelDroid D3 (2.0) and TapaTalk

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Rocket Launcher isn't there yet. It's cool, but it's not quite robust enough for me. It seemed like my phone slowed down a bit after installing and using it.

I'm going to leave it installed as it looks fun to play with and the updates are likely to be very worthwhile.

Sent from my SteelDroid D3 (2.0) and TapaTalk

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience coding for a home launcher? I don't understand how fede started the rewrite in like september/october of 2010 and he still hasn't finished. Does a home launcher take that long to write?

I don't mean to criticize fede for taking so long, or to imply that he "owes me" something. I'm just curious if it does indeed take a year plus to write a home launcher.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums