what is your deal breaker?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
When you are looking at smartphones, what is that one "must have" feature? for some it is microsd card, some may say removable battery, some what say wireless charging and who knows what else. So what is your deal breaker?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Good question. Not having sd card expansion was a deal breaker but have N5 and made use of dual flash. Still, having sd card expansion is a clear win, so much easier. No quick charge and battery lasting less than 12 hours would be my a deal breaker. And to think I expected my battery to last two days when I had my Maxx.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Number one far and away is a display over 5" (so, naturally, my phone is going on 2.5+ years old with no upgrade options in sight).

A distant number two is an sd slot.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I forgot to answer my own question :) anyway, my deal breaker would be no wireless charging. and I gotta have that big screen - me old eyes aint what they used to be.

in the past it was no removeable battery but I ignored it when I got the note 5. learned to live without it since I found portable power banks.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Wireless charging is definitely a nice feature (and maybe necessary for full waterproof?). It would be nice if I could simply have a charging pad at the office and at home on my nightstand and never have to mess with plugging in a cord again.

Of course, I think my DT has wireless charging and I've never gotten a pad....probably because it seems like a waste of money since I'd probably have to buy a different set-up with a different phone.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
A high end phone that fits in my pocket! S7 edge is as big as I'll go. No s8 for me. Gonna look at the new Moto when it comes out

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Wireless charging is definitely a nice feature (and maybe necessary for full waterproof?). It would be nice if I could simply have a charging pad at the office and at home on my nightstand and never have to mess with plugging in a cord again.

Of course, I think my DT has wireless charging and I've never gotten a pad....probably because it seems like a waste of money since I'd probably have to buy a different set-up with a different phone.

you will not have to buy a different set-up with a different phone. If you get QI you should be good to go with most phones. The only difference may be how fast it would charge. I am using the same charging pads that I used with my last phone. Might not be fast charging but it mainly charge while I am sleeping.

when I was using wire, I was all the time laying the phone down whenever I got home and forgetting to plug it in. since I found wireless charging, I still lay the phone in the same spot when I get home but the charging pad is there now. That is why if the phone does not offer a wireless charging, it is a deal breaker for me. guess I am getting too lazy in my old age to plug in the phone.