Camera?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by pilot25, Nov 3, 2009.

1. ntimid8r

ntimid8r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes skeptical because it seems like a mechanical problem and not something the update (software) can correct. But perhaps the software not defining the camera spec when it opens is what the problem really is. In that case, maybe the software fix will do the trick. I guess I'll find out in a week or so.

2. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am excited about the upcoming update. I genuinely believe they will get the camera straightened out

3. ntimid8r

ntimid8r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

4. johnflo88

johnflo88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    good for you and it will happened!
    @maimi1683:icon_ banana:happy days are here again!

5. johnflo88

johnflo88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]man, you looked so depressed and skeptical! The updates will be coming in 2 weeks, maybe? Until then be happy and don't worry! Best of all, Motorola know about it and they'll comes with a fix and if it is a mechanical issue then we are in big ???????!!!!!! I'll be going into hiding.LOL' In the meantime [​IMG]
    @ ntimid8r

6. n0cturne74

n0cturne74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The clicking is not mechanical. Mine does it as well. I personally think the camera is pretty good in comparison to past phone cameras I had and its comparable to my 7mp Sony Cybershot. The issue that is causing the negative press is the software autofocus which is one of their top priorities in fixing.

7. ntimid8r

ntimid8r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :icon_ laughup:
    I'm not depressed about it....I'll take it back to Costco if the update doesn't fix the problem. Just don't want to deal with returning the device and all that....:painkiller:

It's all gooooood!:beer2:

8. ntimid8r

ntimid8r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah...the camera is taking great pics and have no issue with focusing. Just makes that bone chilling "click, click, click" sound when I activate the camera.
    :eek:

9. n0cturne74

n0cturne74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea that clicking is normal. It even does it when I open barcode scanner. I haven't had any issues with the autofocus either and I've taken quite a few pics so far.

10. bergdev

bergdev Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a lot more to a camera than the number of pixels. Software issues aside, the real limitation to this (and any other cell phone camera) is the optics. For crying out loud, have you taken a look at the lens? It's teeny. The sheer number of photons entering the device is just small, except in the best of lighting conditions (sunny day, etc.).

That said, the phone compensates by increasing the sensitivity of the sensor (ISO) to make it more efficient at capturing the few photons that are available. But the drawback to this is a noisier/grainier image.

If you want great pictures, don't use a cell phone, any cell phone. If you want to conveniently take pictures without having to lug around your camera, the Droid is OK.

11. jeremz

jeremz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, have you tried cleaning the lens? I know it's ridiculous, but it solved my focusing problem, and many others.

12. danagudo

danagudo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, camera is VERY POOR

The camera is not exactly useless, but VERY poor. While the flash is bright, I can't take a decent flash picture. Timing of flash and prior light dont work together, and picture is out of focus and not brightly lit.
    Also camera is quirky: it freezes, and doesn't open often at first.
    Menu doesn't open often, so can't change settings, or even leave camera for a long time. This is just TERRIBLE. I'll hope that the January OTA will improve/fix it, or I'll just carry a separate camera, defeating a major reason for Droid.