What is your Android story?

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I jumped on the smartphone bandwagon at an early age of 15 back in spring of 2010, when my father purchased the DROID Eris for both of us. I then went on to the DROID 1 with the keyboard and then the DROID 3. After I got a Nexus S then hopped back on the DROID 3. Finally I now own an S3, best one by far, and am looking to own the S5, what is your story?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Moto Droid was my first smartphone with a data plan. Prior I had an HTC Tilt on AT&T without the mandatory data plan, but back then in 2008, WiFi was only beginning to roll out to public places. Held onto the Droid 1 for a year and then upgraded to the Droid Incredible. A year later I upgraded to the Nexus and LTE was quite new back then too. I think about 18mo later I upgraded to my s4 back in June which I still have.

Thinking back, I can't believe how much Android has evolved in such a short time. The biggest leap being ICS of course, but to think at to where it is today compared to how it all started (at least in the mainstream) with the OG Droid. It's been a great journey and hopefully I can continue on with Android, but I have to admit, the Nokia 928 was looking like a pretty good change there for a bit.

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I know, Android has grown magnificently. I remember eclair, froyo. Getting copy and paste for the first time. New apps and all. Remembering it was a good day when my phone wouldn't bug up. Then the intro of live wallpaper. Good times, just imagine another 3 years from now.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I started with a T-Mobile Sidekick Slide. It had access to MySpace lol. Went to BlackBerry after that, and in 2010 I began my real Android experience with the original HTC Incredible. Purchased a used Motorola X2 a year and a half later, and got a job selling phones from the seller lol. Got the Razr Maxx a few months later, under contract. Last October I purchased an s3 used and hated it, so I traded it with someone for a Maxx HD. Got the Droid Maxx 2 months ago on contract.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got my first phone when I was 15 and it was AT&T. I don't even recall what it was, but it was definitely a dumb phone. I remember eventually throwing it down in the driveway because I couldn't keep a signal.. After that I went to the then ALLTEL, where I was until Verizon bought ALLTEL. I recall having the OLD Razr flip phone. I remember being all excited because I had 1xRTT data on it, and could surf the web at about 45 kbps via its crap-tastic 8-bit mobile browser. Since then I have had the Droid Bionic, Moto X2, HTC One, HTC Droid DNA, LG Optimus G, Droid Razr, Droid Incredible, Samsung Omnia, Palm Treo, Samsung Galaxy S3, and the Samsung Galaxy S4. So far about the only thing I haven't owned is an iPhone or a Windows Mobile phone. I currently have the Moto X running an AWS PRL. :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ah...yeah. OK...

So, how do I top that ^ ?

Well, how about being a Bell Atlantic Mobile rep and actually installing my own first CAR PHONE!! It was (you guessed it), a Motorola.

I also owned a Motorola Bag Phone (essentially a full car phone in a shoulder bag with a 12 volt Lead-Acid battery and a pop-up car phone antenna. Talk about dork!!

I've had more phones than I can count. I still have the same phone number from 20 years ago!! In fact, I have the same 3 phone numbers from 20 years ago, ending in 000, 100, & 200 (since I was a Bell agent, I issued them to myself!!) :) I've had LOTS of Motorola phones, along with Audio Technica, Palm, Samsung, Nokia, HTC, I don't know how many others. Most have been Motorola, the Motorola Flip, and all the future versions of the original Flip. No, never had a Razr, but did have the OG Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid RAZR, Droid RAZR MAXX, Samsung Galaxy S4, and now the Droid MAXX!

Of all the phones I've had, the ones I've liked the most were the Motorola Flip, the Droid RAZR MAXX, and the Droid MAXX. Currently very happy with the MAXX.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Started late in life. First w/LG Voyager. Then the DROID 1 because I erroneously thought I needed a physical keyboard. Outgrew that illusion within 90 days and moved onto DROID X. Quite satisfactory but wanted bigger screen. And less clunky for factor.

Purchased Galaxy Nexus for subsidized price of 299$ down plus tax. Of all my phones w/out question the most massive fail. Unlocked Bootloader with inferior everything--speed, memory, battery, resolution, etc. Still baffles me that people are loyal to this device.

Then I got smart. Samsung Galaxy 3. Great phone but I wanted larger screen. 3 months later moved onto Note 2. Of all my phones clearly my favorite.

Then 8 months later the Note 3. Will stay with Note series until someone improves stylus, screen size, and battery.

Only disappointment in Note 3 is radios. Still, love this phone. Loved most of my phones with notable exception of overpriced, over hyped Nexus.