What is to be expected from VZW and HTC?

Kirru

Reaction score
Hi all. I have had my incredible for a little over a year now and everything has been going good, other than having to have two replacements.

Now, recently I have some serious software problems. I was unable to receive and send MMS.

I tried everything that I was able too.. dialed *228 option 1 and 2; battery pull; safe mode start. short of a hard reset... i went to the Verizon store and the guy called their support line.

Well, needless to say, I decided to let them hard reset my phone, though I was not to happy about it.. but back to point, they hard reset it and I am having a lot more problem than before. The tech support even copied my phone data and tried it on a demo he had with him.. Did the exact same problem I am having now. So after an hour later of standing around and waiting patiently I get the verdict of, the tech support guy email HTC support for verizon and I should hear something in 72 hours.

Now the problem is I can't use my phone because I keep getting an error message and its driving me insane. Does anyone know what to expect from all this? The phone is out of warranty and I had to use the insurance for previous reason soo am I gonna be screwed or is there something i can do?

Thanks all.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Root it and put on a custom ROM. Like you said, it's out of warranty so it doesn't matter. You might consider waiting for HTC to reply to you. If their answer isn't what you want, root. It may not solve your issues but it's something to try. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
K

Kirru

Reaction score
I would but I dont have the time to try to do it, and I really dont want to screw up my phone more so than it already is.

I wouldn't mind a new phone or just a replacement. I just want my phone to work.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I think they will replace it for you, based on your description, there is not physical damage, although out of warranty i think they will do the right thing.

OP
K

Kirru

Reaction score
They better or they will not like me at all and all of Verizon will know me in training seminars lol

nikecar

Reaction score
Out of warranty and expecting a new or used one? Good luck with that. The only angle I can think of using is its the third phone you've gotten with issues.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
K

Kirru

Reaction score
So them hard resetting it to more problems than I came in with is not their problem? WE shall see.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reset ensures that your problem isn't a software issue. If you're still having problems after the reset (before loading all your apps) it's probably a hardware issue. If you're out of warranty then you're out of luck. Insurance doesn't cover that.

The phone is out of warranty and I had to use the insurance for previous reason soo am I gonna be screwed or is there something i can do?
How long ago? The insurance replacement may have a bit of warranty.

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
So them hard resetting it to more problems than I came in with is not their problem? WE shall see.

Think of it like a car.

Your water pump fails and you need a new one, along with the belt. By putting in a new belt, the tension, by default is tighter, and as a result, the Alternator goes out.

Is that the mechanics fault? Usually not, although they will give you abreak on labor, if you have a good one.

If there is underlying issues, it could have been a coincidence.

VZW_CS

Reaction score
Hi all. I have had my incredible for a little over a year now and everything has been going good, other than having to have two replacements.

Now, recently I have some serious software problems. I was unable to receive and send MMS.

I tried everything that I was able too.. dialed *228 option 1 and 2; battery pull; safe mode start. short of a hard reset... i went to the Verizon store and the guy called their support line.

Well, needless to say, I decided to let them hard reset my phone, though I was not to happy about it.. but back to point, they hard reset it and I am having a lot more problem than before. The tech support even copied my phone data and tried it on a demo he had with him.. Did the exact same problem I am having now. So after an hour later of standing around and waiting patiently I get the verdict of, the tech support guy email HTC support for verizon and I should hear something in 72 hours.

Now the problem is I can't use my phone because I keep getting an error message and its driving me insane. Does anyone know what to expect from all this? The phone is out of warranty and I had to use the insurance for previous reason soo am I gonna be screwed or is there something i can do?

Thanks all.

Hello,

Do you have Equipment Insurance on the device? This would be an option for you, if you do. It would cost much less than having to purchase a new phone. In addition, since you mentioned that your phone is over a year old, it is out of warranty, so a warranty replacement cannot be sent. If so, you can contact Asurion at PhoneClaim.com - Verizon Wireless phones replaced fast! File a claim for your lost, broken, stolen, or damaged phone or 888-881-2622.

If you do not have insurance on the phone, we have many Certified pre-Owned devices that can be purchased at a low cost, with no contract, have a warranty, and are insurable. You can view them at:

Certified Pre-Owned Cell Phones, Smartphones and Devices - Verizon Wireless

These are just suggestions for you. I hope this information is helpful!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us @VZWSupport

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think his point is, he's had trouble with the phone since day one(multiple replacements), they should own up to their end and give him a working phone like he paid for originally.

I had to do the same thing with my OG, had to have it replaced 4 times until I got one that was working 100%.

These guys get away with murder with the one year warranty nonsense, they should build a phone that can last the guys contract.

We pay 2-300 bucks for a phone, we have issues with it since day one, replacement after replacement, then we run out of time, have a problem and they won't do anything about it. It's a terrible policy and it abuses the customers habit of just dealing with a defective device instead of shelling out more money to repeat the process.

Last edited: