What is my phone doing?

tmacdaman1

Reaction score
I hope somebody else has experienced this (not to wish this on others but just to get some help lol)...but at random times my touch screen literally spazzes out. For instance, if I go to messages and try to click on a person's message, the screen will just scroll all the way to the bottom of my inbox. Then if I try to hit back to get back home, it brings me to weird screens such as facebook or something else. Even if I do get to my messages and start typing, it types the most random letters that I am not even close to touching.

The weird thing is the phone will be perfectly fine, then do this for a little while, then be fine again for a week. Anyone else experience this? I have no idea what can cause it.

marcogiudice

Reaction score
its either you got a effed up phone or a see a factory reset in your future, to see if that corrects the problem

OP
T

tmacdaman1

Reaction score
I don't mind doing a factory reset to see if that is in fact the problem.

Setting>Privacy>Factory Reset...correct?

One question though, would I then have to purchase apps that I previously bought or will I be able to just install them again since they are connected to my account?

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
Apps are tied to your Google account, you will be able to download them again for free.

hendrix

Reaction score
Mine was doing this. I tracked it down to a bad touch sensor on the lower left side of the phone. Verizon replaced the phone for me no problem.

EbE404

Reaction score
Another possibility is if you are using a non-OEM charger. There are numerous reports of some of these causing similar problems to what you are describing.