What is going on with zombiestomped?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like it's been abandoned? The customizer does not flash themes, i havent seen or heard anything from the dev or themer in a while. Am I missing something?

D2 ZombieStomped v1.71

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The developer (@jakebites) is waiting for the GB OTA. It's far from abandoned.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Until then, i'm jumping back on apex.

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

hassan_ars

Reaction score
I read that the OTA got pushed back for what could be months to fix bugs. Apparently verizon wasnt happy with the quality of work that motorola was trying to feed us so it could be a while. So looks like it could be even longer before any new zombiestomped action. :/

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just wanted some support with the themes. No one can flash them in the customizer, with no fix in sight. Not even any help from the devs. I thought the rom itself was well done and running smooth.

From my Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good to know. Until then, i'm jumping back on apex.

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

You're worried about themes, but went back to Apex, which has none?

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It has revolution remix, Skynet and I'm a tester for 2 other apex themes. Plus its fast as ****

hassan_ars

Reaction score
I tried apex and found it slow and just decent battery life. Zombiestomped is the fasted ROM I've tried and has the best battery life. Its weird how everyone has different experiences but all have the same phone. And as far as themes, I think only stealth, zombified, and the dark passenger are functional.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Each cpu is different so there will be different experience. A lot is subjective as well. I like the blur in zs to be honest, but my cpu just likes apex. It screams on apex. How did you apply a theme on zs? My customizer gives error messages whenever I try in terminal. It seems to be an issue with the d2 and zs.
Anyway, I love all these roms and jump around every other day. Im a rom whore, there's no denying it ;!

hassan_ars

Reaction score
I used the customizer to apply themes, had no error messages. Maybe you got a bad custoupdate.zip file? Im going to try flashing a bad theme and see if im getting errors.

hassan_ars

Reaction score
I didn't mean to write the word "bad" in that last sentence.

hassan_ars

Reaction score
Well it doesn't work for me anymore either, I've been on the zombified theme for a while now so I guess it has gone down since the last time I changed themes.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not complaining. I was just wondering if there would be a fix anytime soon. It would also be nice to hear from the devs on the forums once in a while

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
I tried apex and found it slow and just decent battery life. Zombiestomped is the fasted ROM I've tried and has the best battery life. Its weird how everyone has different experiences but all have the same phone. And as far as themes, I think only stealth, zombified, and the dark passenger are functional.

Weird, apex is so much faster on my D2 its night/day compared to ZS, the batt life isnt as good initially but is just as good once you flash imoseyon and use a solid overclock app ie Jrummy's or set cpu

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

I have also used both ZS and Apex and Apex is way faster. Also, everything functions correctly. I miss the Customizer though.

Also, Seeing Red works well too.

sent from my ApeX