What is best droid offered by verizon

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by dw1256, Sep 11, 2010.

1. dw1256

dw1256 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am planning to buy a droid in a few weeks. There are so many that I am not sure which one is really the best.

If possible, I would like the ability to run two exchange server email accounts.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Thanks.
    dw1256

2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably the droid X, if I had to choose. But nothing beats going to the store and trying them for yourself.

Sent from my Droid

3. cloud12077

cloud12077 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Check the Samsung Fascinate out. It was just released on the 8th and it supports 2 exchange servers.

4. listenman20

listenman20 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    everyone has their opinion on this. personally i'd only buy motorola. so that makes my opinion biased. your best bet will be to go in and try them all out.

5. dw1256

dw1256 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone. I was just curious if there were any features on a specific model that made up someones mind to either buy it or pass it up.

dw1256

6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    That's an Android phone, it's not a Droid.

7. dw1256

dw1256 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to this. What is the difference between a droid and an android.

8. Jmart922

Jmart922 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would head to the verizon shop and scpe them all out and decide for yourself, I personally would wait a month or two if you can, theres sure to be more options and better phone around the holiday season

9. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    There are a few different takes on this, IMO a Droid is a Motorola Device Branded Droid

There are devices that run on the Android Operation System ie: Samsung Fascinate---it is not a Droid, merely an Android Powered Device

Why I say there are different takes is because VZW has an HTC device that is branded Droid Incredible, even the box it comes in in Reminiscent of the Original D...in my eyes it is not a true Droid

10. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on who you ask. "Best" really means best fit for you. Without details regarding what you're looking for it's impossible to give you a meaningful recommendation. If one device was clearly best for everyone we'd all be using it (and that's certainly not the case).

As usual: Compare the specs. Check them out in person. If you have some specific questions, we'd be happy to help but questions like this are difficult. You'll get plenty of responses from people who are enthusiastic about what they chose but that doesn't really help you unless your needs/wants happen to be in line with theirs.

I can, for example, tell you that sushi is the best food out there. Doesn't really help if you can't stand fish though. I might think my convertible sports car is the best car out there. Doesn't help if you're shopping for pickup trucks. Best is always highly subjective. Be clear about what you mean when you use the word.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but Droid is a Verizon marketing term. Take note of the fine print. :wink: The Droid lineup isn't limited to just Motorola devices and was announced long before even the original Droid was released.

#10 takeshi, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  11. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hell they are all awesome devices. Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Fascinate and Incredible. Each one somewhat unique in form factor and screen size. Every one just as capable as the next. My suggestion is to try them all at a Verizon store and choose from there.

12. destroyerbmx

destroyerbmx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well if youre into specs, the fascinate has a unique gpu processor that is supposed to be the wave of the future so that has the best gpu ability. Unfortunately I just got my droid2 and rooted it so I cant return it and get the samsung.

Search tags for this page
droid phones offered by verizon

droids offered by verizon

what is the best droid