What have you noticed with the new 2.3.20 update?

_Killer_

Reaction score
Strange, I don't have a slider to answer the phone. Just green and red buttons to answer or ignore.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mine is mixed.. one call will be slider.. the next will be buttons.. really annoying.. as i JUST WANT THE BUTTONS!

kenryan

Reaction score
Thus far, that's what I've noticed. What have you noticed that may, or may not, have been released in the pre-release notes.

I noticed my phone started rebooting itself almost daily... Does that count?

Reaction score
Everytime I take my phone off the charger my battery manager force closes until I do a battery pull. Every single time.

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow. I'm glad I didn't download the update and just did a full SBF. Ya'll are having some annoying issues.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I noticed my phone started rebooting itself almost daily... Does that count?
That is a problem. Droids don't reboot on their own, and this problem can be fixed. Do a factory data reset out of the privacy section in your settings. You will lose data and any free apps you downloaded. But this issue is only going to get worst if you don't fix it.
Everytime I take my phone off the charger my battery manager force closes until I do a battery pull. Every single time.

Another thing that's not necessary is battery pulls. I've had to pull the battery maybe 3 times in a year between my D2 and D1. If you're having to do this then you should also do a factory data reset.

Part of what people who root do is a wipe to clean out the system. Sometimes after an update you may need to do this as well.

One thing before either of you do what I recommended is make sure you don't have any task killers or antivirus. If you do, remove them and see if that doesn't fix the issue. If you do and it doesn't fix it do the Factory Data Reset but do not reload task killer or antivirus.

Reaction score
Ok a couple of things. I'm not rooted and have already done a factory data reset but back up assistant reinstated my apps. Should I disable this to make sure nothing gets back on and start over? Oh and how do I do a wipe? Or is that only for rooted people?

Reaction score
Update: I did the system wipe and restored apps. I didn't have any task killer or virus protection installed. I charged up my phone and was able to get into the battery manager. Thanks hook.

CLMspartan

Reaction score
Since the update - my email doesn't sync like it used to. My gmail account notifies me immediately or at least within minutes. I had another account set-up, for work, that no longer receives emails unless I manually sync them. Under the options - it is set to data push - which im not sure is an option with this account, and a 15 minute fetch schedule. Still nothing. Any suggestions? Not sure if it has to do with the update but its the only connection I can draw between the changes.

Thanks!

solar

Reaction score
Haven't noticed any difference in battery life. I have had the phone freeze up twice since the update. Never had this happen before, had to pull the battery to restart it. Anyone else?

sent from my BIG-RIG using tapatalk

Mine has always frozen more then my D1 and it still oes after the update.:icon_evil:

picnic_area

Reaction score
hrmm...mine hadnt self rebooted in 5 days and now it did twice in the last 2 days. dang..

Soxfan913

Reaction score
It seems like my wifi is slower. Anybody else find this? It stalls for a long time before completely loading any site, even mobile versions. Never did before.

Fenway72

Reaction score
Yeah, mine has done that too, to the point of being a useless feature. I assumed it was my home network I rarely use it now.

leakim13

Reaction score
I have never had an issue with wifi, im only getting half signal as I type this and its still flying... although I do randomly get 3g shutting off which becomes annoying. But a reboot usually rectifies that.

D2 rooted, squidly, oc 1.3

Sent from the great north woods

G O G U

Reaction score
Hello,
I notice somebody was asking abt the slider when answering the call, what I know is this if your Droid has the screen locked you need to use the slider to answer the call, but if it's unlocked you don't have the slider....

Joe Droid

Reaction score
No problems

My phone is completely stock. My wife has one also. We've had virtually no problems with either phone and it's no different since the update. I can't really see any difference. So, for those of you yet to update, there's hope.