Nexus 6P Could Ship As Early As 10/14

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CRD9jRZUAAIR0Tc.jpg-large.jpg

A leaked Sprint document shows the release date of the Nexus 6P as 10/26/15. This is no surprise as the earliest ship date for the device on pre-orders is right in line with this date. What is surprising though is the note "Customers may get devices earlier than this and Sprint can expect activation and support requests as early as 10/14/15"! Another non surprising notice in the leaked document includes the fact that Sprint will not sell this device. The notice clearly states that customers who buy their devices through the play store can activate the Nexus 6P on the Sprint network with a Sprint UICC card. Furthermore the notice reiterates the specs of the device and adds that the phone supports 4G LTE/Spark enabled on the Sprint network.

This is pretty great news. I am ready to finally get my hands on this device. I was one of the first to preorder the phone, but somehow managed to get a ship date in the first week of November. Hopefully my Nexus 6P will ship next week along with some of these other early adopters!

via @Windroidguy

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I wonder how true this will be.

Edit- I hope this does happen. I'm seeing people preordering weeks after me with the same ship date as me. That pisses me off.

Last edited:
OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think i have a ship date of November 3-4 because i went with the graphite color. I really wanted gold but they don't even have it yet.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The beauty of a pre-order is that it doesn't matter how soon you order, for the most part. If you order before they start shipping and they have enough inventory, yours goes out the same day as those guys who ordered theirs on the first day.

However, I don't care about who gets theirs on the same day as me as much as I care about if it'll ship early. I think we'll find that the 14th will be for reviewers and etc. I'd say the 26th is more realistic for the rest of us. I wouldn't be mad if mine showed up this week though. Maybe they're ahead of schedule on whatever it is that they need to finish up before shipping? That'd be alright.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The beauty of a pre-order is that it doesn't matter how soon you order, for the most part. If you order before they start shipping and they have enough inventory, yours goes out the same day as those guys who ordered theirs on the first day.

However, I don't care about who gets theirs on the same day as me as much as I care about if it'll ship early. I think we'll find that the 14th will be for reviewers and etc. I'd say the 26th is more realistic for the rest of us. I wouldn't be mad if mine showed up this week though. Maybe they're ahead of schedule on whatever it is that they need to finish up before shipping? That'd be alright.
I would hope it's first come first served basis though.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I would hope it's first come first served basis though.
Well, I'm sure it is to a point, but if they have the stock to fulfill every pre-order they got, why not box 'em all up, slap labels on them, and get them outta the warehouse on the same day?

Another thing that's interesting to me, but may be me thinking too far into this...When I ordered my 6P, I ordered from Huawei and got financing through their third-party partner, Affirm. My first payment is scheduled to be due on November 2nd, which I thought was strange if the device wasn't going to ship for another week or 2 after that. Sure, it's a third-party financer, but the process didn't even take me away from Huawei's site. The Affirm application and etc was embedded right into their site.

This could mean nothing other than that the two company's aren't communicating when a device will actually reach a customer and I could be spoiled by other situations where payments don't start until you get the device (that's how it worked with the Edge plan when I pre-ordered my Note 4), but I'd like to think that it means I'll have the phone in hand before November. :D