Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P Pass Through FCC with Support for All US Carriers (Including Verizon)

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I'm wondering what the 128GB price point will be. If I make the jump & lose sd support, I want beastly storage.

I'd imagine price will go up by like $50 per 16GB, as is common. The 128GB model might be a pretty hefty price if that is the case. However, it is also rumored that the 6P MIGHT have a microSD slot. Fingers crossed on your behalf! 32GB has been plenty of space for me for years.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I doubt it. That's against Google's claim that is too confusing for users. Never know though. I could make 32 work just fine, but I intend to keep it for longer than a year this time & want to be sure I don't have to make sacrifices. 64 would be plenty too.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Never knew Google claimed that SD card slots were too confusing for users. That's kind of perplexing to me. A part of me wants to tell those people to get an iPhone hahaha.

Regardless, I don't mind cleaning up pictures and videos to make room on my SD card, which is usually the bulk of my memory usage. Thank god for Google Play Music streaming and unlimited data, it's been a godsend for me since it came out.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I believe it was around the time the Galaxy Nexus came out, actually. I stream too, but have a limited data plan, so I have it download anything I give a thumbs up to when I connect to WiFi. I've got 8GB to choose from so far if I find myself running low on data, or out of reliable service.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd think 64gb would be fine but if I'm given options I'd buy 128gb.. Why not lol

S6E+ tapatalk
Yup. That's where I'm at. Hoping the wife's grandma is as generous this year for Christmas as she was last year. That'll take a big bite out of the price for me & I'll have time to catch all of the initial reviews & bugs that come up in the next few months.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I like the fingerprint on back.. It's a great idea IMO..

S6E+ tapatalk

I tried a couple of times to imagine that fingerprint scanner on the back of my phone and to see how I would press it.

The way I hold my phone it would be a no go. If the overall size of the phone is smaller it might work out ok.

I'm still waiting for it to be built into the screen.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Which one is the X and which one is the P?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I tried a couple of times to imagine that fingerprint scanner on the back of my phone ad to see how I would press it.

The way I hold my phone it would be a no go. If the overall size of the phone is smaller it might work out ok.

On screen is coming my friend.. That be best.. ....

S6E+ tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
On screen is coming my friend.. That be best.. ....

S6E+ tapatalk

It should be around the corner. Samsung demo'd it early last year and has a patent. Apple has a patent as well.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried a couple of times to imagine that fingerprint scanner on the back of my phone and to see how I would press it.

I don't mind it on the back, I'm still use to the G2 which everything was on the back, so it's still pretty natural for me.

I could understand people not liking it though.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I don't mind it on the back, I'm still use to the G2 which everything was on the back, so it's still pretty natural for me.

I could understand people not liking it though.

Yup.. Like the G2 you be surprised how you get used to it..
It should be around the corner. Samsung demo'd it early last year and has a patent. Apple has a patent as well.
It be nice if they introduce it with the next S7 series phones... And I hope they keep regular schedules and don't push it up...

S6E+ tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It would be nice, but I can live without it.

My only concern is the processor and overheating issues.