What have you noticed with the new 2.3.20 update?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've noticed a few changes, which weren't necessarily acknowledged in the pre-release notes.

• In the lock screen, "Verizon Wireless," along with the date and time have been centered and aligned.
  • In the lock screen, the actual slider to unlock the phone has been moved up. (It used to be a little closer to the bottom of the LCD.)
Thus far, that's what I've noticed. What have you noticed that may, or may not, have been released in the pre-release notes.

_Killer_

Reaction score
Looks like they added the vzw navigator app in this update too.. (i could be wrong there.. maybe i just never noticed the icon for it pre- update. )

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most importantly, the contact list scrolls smoothly.

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also, the slider to answer calls has been moved down.

setyourgoals

Reaction score
Prior to the update, when switching on my wifi my d2 would display both the wifi and 3g signal in the notification bar which was very annoying. I would have to turn the wifi off an on multiple times before the 3g signal would finally go away.

With the update that doesn't happen anymore which is awesome.

the11

Reaction score
wifi works much better, but my battery drains much faster when wifi is on. other than that things seem to be smoother

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I haven't noticed much different on mine other than the relocation of the Time/Date and slider when it wakes. Guess I just haven't been digging for problems, :biggrin:

nyvideo

Reaction score
They also fixed the facebook status in teh contact list from covering over the phone number! That drove me crazy not seeing the phone number for any contacts that had facebook linked.

picnic_area

Reaction score
knock on wood and stuff...but i haven't had one of them stuck unlock slider then reboot things. the slider had gotten almost stuck before, but it got out ok

chopperguy

Reaction score
Haven't noticed any difference in battery life. I have had the phone freeze up twice since the update. Never had this happen before, had to pull the battery to restart it. Anyone else?

sent from my BIG-RIG using tapatalk

Fenway72

Reaction score
Strange, I don't have a slider to answer the phone. Just green and red buttons to answer or ignore.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems since the update, but I never had any pre-update either.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
just the bloatware and slider positioning on the lock screen.

The OTA update for the D1 is the reason I have my D2. When I got that update, market kept force closing and while my contacts still existed, I couldn't access them and when people called, it just showed a number, not who it was.

I could still text (as long as I knew the number) and inet was fine.... but of course, the 'fix' Verizon suggested was a factory reset. And you guessed it. It didn't work, but now, I can't get any of my apps that I relied on because market is f'd up. I had to go a week with a phone that only partially worked. But the D2 came in as the replacement and I was set and I was happy.

It was only when my phone crashed and burned that I realized how much I now rely on my device in my life. It's my calendar, my PDA, my email, my home inet, my music, my radio. my bill pay.....everything. I need to get a backup D1 if I can find one for cheap to use in emergencies.

So I am always a little bit hesitant to do these OTA updates, but so far no problems with mine.