1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What happened to my Droid!?

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by fretless33, Aug 4, 2011.

1. fretless33

fretless33 New Member

Hey guys...first time post here! :icon_ banana:

Here's what happened in detail:

My battery ran down giving me the warning beep (phone running fine up to this moment), I plugged it in and let it charge for the night. Next day I wanted to show a friend a picture, but I had to power up the phone (I didn't shut it down the night before)...when it powered up it went to the screen calibration screen like I was starting it up for the first time! I skipped that and booted up the phone and the first thing I noticed was it took a long time to start and Webroot was missing, like it was uninstalled. I went to manage applications and found that webroot was not listed, along with a bunch of other apps (Angry Birds and more). All of my alarm settings are gone, Marketplace won't stay open and force closes every time I try to download something, Google Maps force closes, a medication program I use (Epocrates) freezes and won't open, Beautiful Widgets seems keeps resetting and I have to reload my clock/weather skins. Most apps open like they're being open for the first time and I have to log in again, all my bookmarks are gone!?! What happened? Moreover, when I'm in the manage applications section and open the SD Card tab, nothing shows up...the it looks as if it's empty, but the memory reflects things being in the card, and when I take it to my PC it has all the items in it. All my images and movies are there and open in the phone, but the memory manager displays it as empty?

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my phone back to how it was, or fix this issue?
  2. OlafTheOx

OlafTheOx New Member

I'm no expert,but I'll toss out an idea. Backup all the files from your SD card to your computer hard drive or something. Then, use your computer to format the card (FAT32 I think). Restore the files and directories to the card. Plug it into the phone and see if it was any help.

DInc with CyanogenMod 6.1 and Invisiblek #28 kernel.
  3. fretless33

fretless33 New Member

Didn't work...thanks though! :)
  4. Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong New Member

Usually I reboot my phone and it clears up...but I doubt that'll work for u but I'm no expert either

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
    [X] Motorola Xoom: Stock Root 3.2
    [ ] Apple iPhone 3G: RedSn0w Jailbreak
    Tapatalk
  5. fretless33

fretless33 New Member

Yea...usually a reboot takes care of things, but this time it didn't...my phone is very buggy right now and I have no clue why?
  6. enlightened

enlightened Super Moderator

Have you tried a factory reset yet?
  7. fretless33

fretless33 New Member

I was trying to avoid that and hoping I could just get a solution to restore my phone to the way it was, but I just did that :angry:

Starting fresh seems to be to only solution...what a pain having to re-enter all your stuff/information again!
  8. Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong New Member

R u rooted?

[X] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
    [ ] Motorola Xoom: Stock Root 3.2
    [ ] Apple iPhone 3g: RedSn0w Jailbreak
    Tapatalk
  9. cris

cris Member

might try this, it has worked with me 1 time, take the sd card out, reboot the phone let it load then insert the sd card and try again.
Search tags for this page
epocrates freezes droid
epocrates freezes on my htc droid
what happened to droid pro

what happened to my droid