What happen to all the GNex Users?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by ntrddragn, Jan 31, 2013.

1. jadine4498

jadine4498 New Member

I still have it but ready for an upgrade. Having major issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  2. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

Still love my Galaxy Nexus just as much as I did on day 1. I've got to have my pure Android, and the new 4.3.1 ROMs have really given new life to my Galaxy Nexus. My next phone, however, will be the Nexus 5 on AT&T. Looking forward to the announcement whenever it may come.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Djanvk

Djanvk Member

I still use mine and really all like it to but on the lookout for my next phone. Lately my GNex had been randomly restarting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  4. CTownDroid

CTownDroid Member

Upgraded to the Note 3 and will still use the Nexus when necessary. This N3 is Awesome, but I can foresee situations where it's just too big and will appreciate the smaller Nexus.
  5. steveil

steveil New Member

Still using mine with no problems. Looking for something new but nothing is exiting me at the moment.
  6. ThisGuy

ThisGuy New Member

I still have my nexus for 4.4 kit kat fun to hold me over until it hits my shiny new SS rooted Note 3.. The note 3 with SS and root >>>> galaxy nexus any day.
  7. Stormy Knight

Stormy Knight Member

I used the now removed Cyanogenmod Quick Installer to root my Gnex and put Jelly Bean 4.3 on her. Completely successful but it didn't really give the phone a better polish. Too much hardware issues to make up for with software. I can't have another Nexus on Verizon so I got the next best thing. I had an upgrade coming, so on Friday the 15th this month, I got onto Motomaker and designed a 32GB Moto X for myself. Black on black with metallic red highlights. Tuesday the 19th, it showed up on my front step at 9:30am. It basically has the same size screen as my Gnex but in a smaller form factor. The speaker is Motorola LOUD just like my OG Droid. The screen is beautiful! It is slick, snappy and buttery smooth! Battery life is tons better. And the reception! The radios are so much better. I don't live in a metropolitan area, but my 4G signal is strong and depending on where I am in the house, faster than my 15MB DSL line.

If you want a great phone that gives you a Nexus-like experience, the Moto X is the way to go. I couldn't be happier.
    1 person likes this.
  8. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

I finally pulled the trigger on the G2 on Cyber Monday it should be arriving today. I still love my nexus but the battery swapping is killing me. I'll still use it whenever I manage to kill the battery on the LG.

9. eseloco918

eseloco918 New Member

Thank you for that. I have regretted how awful the samsung radios are since this phone came out. I have been jealous of my ladys razr because she can send and receive calls from my house. I live on the outskirts of a small town that just barely got 4g. 3g is still all I get at my house though. I figured I needed to go motorola but didn't want to downgrade from my nexus experience. I also don't want to give up verizon because they have the best coverage everywhere I go.
  10. eseloco918

eseloco918 New Member

Moto maker won't let me print "Bad Mother ****er" on there, now not sure I want to buy one.
  11. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Wait it won't let you with the asterisks or the complete word?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  12. eseloco918

eseloco918 New Member

The actual word. Apparently this site has the same cursing guidelines as motorola.
  13. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Eh..pretty close to it :)

MAXXED OUT!!!!!
  14. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

I'm pretty sure that the website has a warning that indicates what it will accept as seen here: http://goo.gl/KWkg99

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  15. eseloco918

eseloco918 New Member

So, I got my new Moto X today...Turns out I do have 4G service at my house. Never buying samsung again, even if moto doesn't think I'm a bad mother****er
    1 person likes this.
  16. NOVICE

NOVICE Active Member

Don't dispute that Samsung radios don't match Motorola or even LG in the case of the G2.

But the Galaxy Nexus is hardly representative of signal strength when it comes to the S 3 & 4 or the Note 2 & 3. Their radios are excellent-- just not quite at the level of Motorola.

The GNexus was a horrible aberration that was substandard in every aspect. I moved from that overpriced piece of junk to the S3, then Note 2,and finally the Note 3. The Note line, in my opinion, represents the best equipment available, which is not to deprecate other outstanding phones like the G2 and Moto X.

I like Touch Wiz and the amazing number of features and tricks that the Note series offers. I'd even like more screen real estate.

And the S pen offers a utility unmatched currently by any other mainstream phone. It's a gimmick until you become habituated to the ease with which you can jot down the divers information encountered daily. I probably use the stylus more than 20 times a day.

And other manufacturers should adopt the USB 3 micro cable post haste. I can fully charge my phone in less than an hour and a half.
  17. IIGood

IIGood Member

This is so true...my girlfriend has an S3, and we were out at a restaurant one time where the cell signal is spotty...at least on my G-Nex. But not only did she have full strength on voice, she also had 4G!! I was on 3G,with little to no voice signal. Unreal.

Makes me really wonder if the signal at my house is as weak as the G-Nex makes it out to be. Friends on other carriers have full strength, but most any VZW user has nothing here. Weird.
  18. Djanvk

Djanvk Member

I agree, I get no signal at my gym but my wife and her Note 3 gets 4g and she gets to listen to streamed music where I use downloaded music.

19. en28so

en28so New Member

I'm still rocking my used GN that I bought a year ago in pristine condition for $250 cash (now I see them going for $50-$100 lol) so that I could keep my unlimited 4G. I'm thinking about upgrading in December, so I'm already starting to see what could I buy for $250 cash(I know that it's too early to look right now lol!). What do you guys suggest? Maybe an LG G2? The only issue I have right now with my current phone is that is slows down once in a while(I already do all the tricks to keep it running smoothly like auto cache cleaning, restarting once a day, running a custom rom, etc). I also bought a 5600 mah battery that gives me about 13 hours of use, with about 4hrs of screen time(web browsing, youtube, etc).
    1 person likes this.
  20. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer DF Super Moderator Premium Member

I'm still rocking my gnex on 4.4.2! I have an upgrade available that I'll probably use on a note3 or see what the s5 offers. But ya I can see the g2m or s4 going for $250 in the next 6 months or so.
    1 person likes this.
Search tags for this page

samsung galaxy s4 straight talk prescott az