What happen to all the GNex Users?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm around too. Kinda surprised at the lack of traffic in here, but not really. It is getting to be a love-hate relationship with my Nexus. I love the device overall and I don't think I'll be getting rid of it anytime soon, but Verizon's lack of support for it is upsetting. I'm kinda glad Google isn't putting up with Verizon's shenanigans when it comes to the Nexus 4. I don't see the VZW Galaxy Nexus getting any further support so maybe once it's "official" from Verizon that it's no longer supported, I'll probably do some rooting and tweaking then.

A friend recently mentioned she might finally make the jump from her old-ish Blackberry to a Galaxy SIII. She'd have no clue on how to use it so I'd have to show her...she hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
The problem with any phone is about every 6 months the latest and greatest gets released, making great phones obsolete before they really should be, and then other phones find themselves being obsolete at release.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
The problem with any phone is about every 6 months the latest and greatest gets released, making great phones obsolete before they really should be, and then other phones find themselves being obsolete at release.

I would agree with you on your statement for about 95 % of most phones but this phone was doomed once VZW got it's hands on it.

1. The botched launch and delays

2. On or about launch day we found out that the LTE versions were not getting the integrated car dock with the pogo pins unlike the GSM version that was released but yet still charged an outrageous price instead of something reasonable for a car mount.

3. Besides being able to unlock the phone for rooting those who chose not to do so were supposed to benefit by updates being provided straight from Google instead of waiting around for VZW to keep dragging their feet.... didn't happen, of course this would not be stated that support from google was dropped until after the phone had been released for about 2 months leaving those waiting to go through the normal ota path waiting for VZW.

4. Lots of people go through not 1 , not 2 , not three but 4 or 5 replacements hoping they will strike it lucky in the good radio sweepstakes.

The only saving grace of this phone is the ability to unlock and root it and the support from all of the great devs making roms and themes for it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Verizon really could've had something special with the first in the US to have the Nexus. The only thing that made it special was it was actually released:D:angry:

comk4ver

Reaction score
I would agree with you on your statement for about 95 % of most phones but this phone was doomed once VZW got it's hands on it.

1. The botched launch and delays

2. On or about launch day we found out that the LTE versions were not getting the integrated car dock with the pogo pins unlike the GSM version that was released but yet still charged an outrageous price instead of something reasonable for a car mount.

3. Besides being able to unlock the phone for rooting those who chose not to do so were supposed to benefit by updates being provided straight from Google instead of waiting around for VZW to keep dragging their feet.... didn't happen, of course this would not be stated that support from google was dropped until after the phone had been released for about 2 months leaving those waiting to go through the normal ota path waiting for VZW.

4. Lots of people go through not 1 , not 2 , not three but 4 or 5 replacements hoping they will strike it lucky in the good radio sweepstakes.

The only saving grace of this phone is the ability to unlock and root it and the support from all of the great devs making roms and themes for it.

We may still see an update look at the HTC incredible it just got upgraded to ice cream sandwich!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
We may still see an update look at the HTC incredible it just got upgraded to ice cream sandwich!
Released by Verizon? ICS was made to run on a phone that's dualcore. Sure it's not the Inc 2?

comk4ver

Reaction score
Yup I am sure

ForumRunner_20130204_062115.png

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Surprised they're even releasing a firmware update. But like Chevy said, it looks like it's just a firmware update to make the phone more stable. If it were an OS upgrade then it would mention "upgrade to 4.0" or something along those lines.

^ that's just really a firmware update, not ICS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Exactly what I thought. Don't think HTC would run ICS on a 2yr old device especially when they have the Inc 2 and the Inc 4g.

mattjenn

Reaction score
They released ics for thunderbolt the update for the incredible was just a fix update it was reported I think last Thursday by droid-life but anyway you look at it a update for that old of device by verizon I am amazed!

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
I'm still here, Loving my 32GB GN my Certified Like New warranty replacement has been awesome. 4.1.1 has been solid...on Verizon

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still checking out the forums to offer help where I can, but I had to switch to the iPhone 5 (I know I know...) for work. Everyone in my department is on iPhones and MacBooks so it just helps to keep things consistent. Plus Android devices seem to have lots of problems with our mail server for whatever reason.

Android is still my first love and I'm still compiling source for my Nexus just to see the latest updates. Lots of things I miss about android, but the iPhone has been nice as well.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No wonder you been quiet syndicate, didn't want to reveal you got moved to the dark side:D

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Galaxy Note 2 and my wife now has the Gnex. I still come here daily and post when I have something relevant to add.