1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What handset are you (thinking of) leaving for the Droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by MakisupaVT, Oct 31, 2009.

1. MakisupaVT

MakisupaVT New Member

I guess I'm just curious. I'm sure we all have our reasons -- whether it be issues with the current phone, or just plain ready for something new... or anything in between.

I'm currently struggling with the Samsung Saga. I bought it around this time last year, and for the most part, it's been a decent phone. Over the last few months though the signal strength has deteriorated so much I can't make any calls from home. I'm hoping it's a handset issue and the Droid will be better -- or I'll have to drop $250 to get the VZW Wireless Extender.

Plus, as a technophile and programmer, it seems that Android is the phone OS of my dreams.. it'll give me a chance to bag programming in .NET and learn Java and customize and hack to my heart's content.
  2. Madscotsman

Madscotsman New Member

Seriously considering ditching my Blackberry Storm. I don't have any problems with it and I have actually enjoyed the phone, but I tend to be a bit of a phone wh*re and I'm always itching for something new. Now if I could just decide if I want the DROID or the ERIS.
  3. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

I'm ditching the storm1. I am over some of the issues with memory and battery pulls each day. Love the device. I am hoping the Droid will be better
  4. mijoko

mijoko New Member

Big Jump

Well, I may be making the biggest jump. I am going from the dumbphone,, Samsung Gleam, to the DROID. Calling BestBuy in 40 minutes to see if they will have it on 11.06. If not, I will wait til that date since the Verizon stores 'round here will open at 0600 hours! Either way, it's less than one week away now, and I am pumped. It's a nice bbirthday present to myself, lol
  5. mth04

Good upgrade, and Happy Bday to you too :D.
  6. grumpy

grumpy New Member

I have a storm 1 with since the new update but if this phone is as good as people say it is I might be jumping on the droid band wagon. I have 2 phones eligable for upgrade and will wait till I see more reivews from actual users before I jump :)
  7. ebean

ebean New Member

leaving behind my last palm - a treo 700p - that has acted valiently through years of use and abuse.
  8. JimMariner

JimMariner New Member

I am going to retire my Storm1. I am looking forward to getting my hands on a Droid on Nov 6th. The Original Storm has left me wanting. I want something that will make my Smartphone experience BETTER. Not make me looking and wanting the next great fix that might make it Better, Maybe !!

So Droid, here I come. Nov 6th can't come soon enough for me.
  9. garyll

garyll New Member

I've loved my Blackberry Curve 8330 and it's done everything it was supposed to, but it's time to move on. Looking forward to a nice big screen and really being able to watch videos, not to mention the amazing NAV program.
  10. mth04

I'll keep a Storm laying around as a replacement for Red's phone when it breaks and it no longer under warranty :D. After reading about this device. I think it will do all I need and more. I may even be able to get rid of my alarm clock :)
  11. juergen99

juergen99 New Member

Currently a Curve 8330 user. Until about a month ago I was ready and waiting for the Storm2. Thursday night I pre-ordered a Droid at BestBuy. :p
  12. daelight

daelight New Member

Verizon XV-6900 (HTC Touch)

The dumbest smartphone ever created, I had to Skin it with SPB Shell 3.0 to make it tolerable. Actually the experience wasn't bad just the virtual keyboard and Verizon stripping it of all the good stuff.

SPB now that's a great software company. The SPB Shell 3.5 just came out and I wish this interface would work with Android. So much more sophisticated and intuitive.

Seeing the SPB Shell 3.5 makes me go back and forth from the HTC HD2 to the Droid
  13. forkup

forkup New Member

I was all about the new storm 2 until the droid dropped coming from a 8330 curve, now it's droid all the way!
  14. JFDroid

JFDroid New Member

Ditching my Storm 9530 too. I hate the memory leaks as well, doing battery pulls to get the OS to be responsive for a few hours, and the lack of apps (<3 Android Market!).

Droid looks sweet. I hope it's as good as we all hope.
  15. Zippster

Zippster New Member

Samsung SCHI 730
  16. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Tour. A great device but the whole BB platform is outdated. I'm bored : )
  17. garrett

garrett New Member Theme Developer Developer

im in the same boat i but im using a storm 1.... a played with a buddys storm 2 and was absolutly dissapointed.

it seems as rim is getting desperate and trying to re-invent some of their most popular phones but is comming up short when it comes to real progress..

curve 2, storm 2, tour 2, bold 2..... there giving these phones small upgrades trying to bring them out at as a new device when there 99.7% the same.
  18. khojem

khojem New Member

Getting off my LG VX8700.
  19. kmc1828

kmc1828 New Member

i had gotten the htc imagio when it came out, but when i heard about the droid (and after a couple major hiccups with the imagio that required me to hard reset it 2x in the first week) i returned the imagio and i'm now waiting on the droid :)
  20. Champers

Champers New Member

I currently have an 8330...and web browsing is abysmal at best. If I'm shelling out for the monthly data, I might as well have a device capable of using it!