Help me be happier with Android

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
After years of using a BlackBerry I got fed up with their outdated and frustrating software and went to a Droid. I currently still have the OG Droid and it just gets worse every day. The back battery cover thing decided to fall off and disappear so now I have to have half a case on my phone.. Annoying but I can live with it. Last night, I decided to enlist a buddy of mine who rooted his D1, a few other D1's and has no issues. Well, my phone decided that it didn't have a battery in it, and that nothing was plugged in after the process was started. It literally refused to be rooted *sigh*. Now that I lost all my apps (including my perfect 3 stars in 2 worlds in Angry Birds!) and all of my settings I figure it might just be a good time to start over. Also my call quality has gone way, way down and people can hardly understand me when i'm talking. I'm due for an upgrade anyway.

Anyway, the two main contenders I have are

1. Samsung Fascinate
2. Droid 2 [Global?]
and MAYBE a Droid X but the size doesn't thrill me.

What I need: A reliable phone that can handle multiple apps, internet browsing, phone calls, texting, with a fast processor. I hate how the laggy the D1 is. I want it to fit in a small pocket.
What I want: A decent camera, a decent screen resolution, 2.2 something that won't become outdated over night (a newer release)

I don't care too much about keyboard, I like having one but it won't break my heart going without it either. I also want a phone I can keep over a year! I'm tired of playing the switch the upgrades around game when my phone takes a ****.

Thanks everyone, despite all the research I've done I can't find any like what I'm looking.. so hopefully you will all be helpful! dancedroid

mcapozzi

Reaction score
The Droid X is just a tiny but bigger than the Fascinate, having owned both, I honestly can't tell the difference.

But I would wait for the X2 or the new HTC phone before making any decisions.

-Mike

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I love my DROID2. I hate the fact that motorola locked its bootloader, but if you are not one to root, then that shouldn't matter much. I would however advise you to research motoblur and see if motos ui is for you. If you are interested in rooting, aside from the fact that the bootloader is locked, it's a great phone. The Droid X has essentially the same software so it just depends on your preference.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
After years of using a BlackBerry I got fed up with their outdated and frustrating software and went to a Droid. I currently still have the OG Droid and it just gets worse every day. The back battery cover thing decided to fall off and disappear so now I have to have half a case on my phone.. Annoying but I can live with it. Last night, I decided to enlist a buddy of mine who rooted his D1, a few other D1's and has no issues. Well, my phone decided that it didn't have a battery in it, and that nothing was plugged in after the process was started. It literally refused to be rooted *sigh*. Now that I lost all my apps (including my perfect 3 stars in 2 worlds in Angry Birds!) and all of my settings I figure it might just be a good time to start over. Also my call quality has gone way, way down and people can hardly understand me when i'm talking. I'm due for an upgrade anyway.

Anyway, the two main contenders I have are

1. Samsung Fascinate
2. Droid 2 [Global?]
and MAYBE a Droid X but the size doesn't thrill me.

What I need: A reliable phone that can handle multiple apps, internet browsing, phone calls, texting, with a fast processor. I hate how the laggy the D1 is. I want it to fit in a small pocket.
What I want: A decent camera, a decent screen resolution, 2.2 something that won't become outdated over night (a newer release)

I don't care too much about keyboard, I like having one but it won't break my heart going without it either. I also want a phone I can keep over a year! I'm tired of playing the switch the upgrades around game when my phone takes a ****.

Thanks everyone, despite all the research I've done I can't find any like what I'm looking.. so hopefully you will all be helpful! dancedroid

yeah the D1 can make a normal man go insane if you don't root and overclock it. Very laggy and unresponsive. I know it's easier said then done but if you dont mind waiting there will definitely be some good phones coming out in a couple of months. if you need the replacement now, then i'd recommend an X (only because that's the only phone i've heard good things about haha). just keep in mind that it's EOL is slated for march 31st, so it'll pretty much be out of date the minute you buy it...

OP
Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
yeah the D1 can make a normal man go insane if you don't root and overclock it. Very laggy and unresponsive. I know it's easier said then done but if you dont mind waiting there will definitely be some good phones coming out in a couple of months. if you need the replacement now, then i'd recommend an X (only because that's the only phone i've heard good things about haha). just keep in mind that it's EOL is slated for march 31st, so it'll pretty much be out of date the minute you buy it...

Oh yes, my D1 has driven me to the asylum and back.. :icon_evil:. Right now since I have almost no apps on it from the wipe it's not too slow, but stil way way way too laggy for what it is.

I'm going to wait it out as long as I can still make calls/texts with this D1. I keep reading that the Thunderbolt is releasing soon (possibly within this month) and that's what I'll be getting. First time I'll ever preorder a phone but should be worth it! dancedroid