What does Google Earth do that Google Maps doesn't?

diggy488

Reaction score
What are the benefits of using Google Earth? From what I understand, Maps provides the same usable features, no? So what is your reason for using Earth? thanks

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you used Earth man? To me, its basically something SUPER neat to play with and use lol. Just try it out and take advantage of the multi-touch ;)

OP
diggy488

diggy488

Reaction score
Haven't tried it yet. Just wondering if there are useful advantages over Maps. Thanks for the response!

ytwokc5

Reaction score
Haven't tried it yet. Just wondering if there are useful advantages over Maps. Thanks for the response!

None that I have found. I deleted it, would rather use the 30mb for something more useful.

warrior21

Reaction score
For me it was pretty cool for about 10 minutes and then I ended up uninstalling it.

SANhacker

Reaction score
Well, I guess it depends on your needs.
I'm planning a trip to Amsterdam and found Earth to be far superior to Maps when perusing Europe. With several side trips through Belgium and Germany in the works, Earth gives me route times, best routes, scenic routes, etc. that I just didn't find in maps. It also provides greater detail as to points of interest vs. Maps.

Just my two cents.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its fun. When im bored I just zoom to random spots to see what they look like, like other countries and such. Maps is more of a tool. On the computer Google Earth is amazing for everything tho..

tehpriest

Reaction score
I also found little difference so I uninstalled it as well. The maps with the satellite overlay is exactly the same thing and also you get street view if you long press on a location.

Last edited:

Droidfish

Reaction score
I don't use earth for any navigation needs or anything, I use it because its friggin awesome, and it's a great way to show off my droid and the android os to people interested

Steve H

Reaction score
OK I'll bite. How did you guys get Earth to download to your phones? I'm on 2.1.1 and it's not in the apps market. I have tried to download the mobile version and can't get it to work.