Google Earth Mobile

kawipoo

Reaction score
Has anybody had problems with connecting to Google Earth servers using the droid phone using 3G? I notice that Google Earth mobile is getting trashed in the android market by people's responses.

Gamtu

Reaction score
I have uninstalled and installed Google Earth several times on my Droid X. Every time I try to use Google Earth I get an alert message saying "Google Earth can't connect to the network right now. Please quit and try again later. The only available option from this point is to touch the quit button.

mpnx2

Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me with my Thunderbolt. I have not gotten it to work yet. It looks like it works fine for others....

Gamtu

Reaction score
Go to the app market on your phone. Go to google earth and check the ratings. Seems that this is happening to many many people and a lot of them are rating the app 1 star. The app does work with w-fi just not on your mobile network.

Gamtu

Reaction score
Go to the app market on your phone. Go to google earth and check the ratings. Seems that this is happening to many many people and a lot of them are rating the app 1 star. The app does work with wi-fi just not on your mobile network.

sarreq

Reaction score
I'm just still waiting for google to merge Maps & Earth. it's silly the 2 teams don't work together.

but no, i haven't had any problems with Earth & 3g recently. I'm on a d1 running liquid gingerbread.

Sprocketman

Reaction score
Google Earth + Droid X2

I can't evel load it on my Droid X2. Sez "Your device's content rating filter is incompatible with this item." No content filters on my Verizon account. Verizon tech support sez to contact the developer. Anyone able to load it on an X2?

Sprocketman

Reaction score
joelbon on https://supportforums.motorola.com sent the following:

"There is content filtering in the Market settings. If this some how got changed than the apps described wouldn't be allowed to be installed. All apps are rated according to a guide that Google has set up. Those ratings need to follow these guidelines:

Everyone

Applications in this category should not collect user’s location data or contain objectionable material. Applications should not share user content or include social features.

Low maturity

Applications in this category may include instances of mild cartoon or fantasy violence or other potentially offensive content. Applications may collect user location data for the purpose of providing location specific information or otherwise improving the user experience, but should not share the data with other users. Applications may include some social features but should not focus on allowing users to find and communicate with each other.

Medium maturity

Applications in this category may include sexual references; intense fantasy or realistic violence; profanity or crude humor; references to drug, alcohol and tobacco use; social features and simulated gambling. Applications may collect user location data for the purpose of sharing or publishing with the user’s consent.

High maturity

Applications in this category may focus on or include frequent instances of sexual and suggestive content; graphic violence; social features; simulated gambling; and strong alcohol, tobacco and drug references. Applications may collect user location data for the purpose of sharing or publishing with the user’s consent.

To change the content filtering in the Market open Market and tap: Menu>Settings>Allow apps rated, and select show all apps. This will allow all apps to be able to be installed from the Market.

I don't know if this is your problem for sure or not, but it really seems to fit what is happening. Hope this helps."

I did as he said and noted there is an additional category - Show all applications. Checked this and was able to download and install Google Earth (and Sky Map). They both work perfectly now.

Sprocketman

jeckyrayen

Reaction score
My brother have Droid phone and he also have the same problem. In his phone also he always try to connect the Google earth but he got the same massage that Google Earth can't connect to the network right now, try later.

Sprocketman

Reaction score
I live way out in the sticks - rural New Mexico. Once the application was loaded it worked perfectly. No coverage problems. No server errors.

Sprocketman