What do you want us to do.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Just please for the love of god build droid 2 global support into your release! Fission is great and all but i want some damn choices here! All we D2G users have is the fission rom!!!

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

Sorry we wil continue with the droid 1 only . The goal of this project was to have people glad they still had the droid 1 over the other alternatives and to insure we spend the time on the droid 1 that othes arent due to the support for multiple phones.

And i have no idea how to do stuff with locked bootloaders :) im sure i could learn but dont want to :)

A locked bootloader can still run a custom rom, unless your rom is very dependent on your kernel? Eh. Im just not happy with moto locking me out of MY 600 device!!

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

gambit07

Reaction score
Gingerbread, no doubt. Gingerbread is running better performance wise than froyo on the OG droid right now and it's definitely still in beta. Cvpcs is working on it for CM now and I'm sure we'll see bug fixes for backlight, accelerometer, etc in no time

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
yeah

Gingerbread, no doubt. Gingerbread is running better performance wise than froyo on the OG droid right now and it's definitely still in beta. Cvpcs is working on it for CM now and I'm sure we'll see bug fixes for backlight, accelerometer, etc in no time

Yeah heard about this i sure hope tht this is temporary and not the end of saphire. Saphire has always run better than cm in my opinion.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

Yeah heard about this i sure hope tht this is temporary and not the end of saphire. Saphire has always run better than cm in my opinion.

From what I gathered, Sapphire is dead ...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

It is unless someone decides to make a sapphire based rom, then it can live on through that. :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

It is unless someone decides to make a sapphire based rom, then it can live on through that. :p

This is true ... IMO it will not be the same though. Unless someone just as dedicated and talented steps in. And even then it'd still feel kinda icky :tongue:

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
its a good oppurtunity

This is true ... IMO it will not be the same though. Unless someone just as dedicated and talented steps in. And even then it'd still feel kinda icky :tongue:

its a good opportunity for some one to pick up a decent rom source than add to it but it would be froyo. he hasn't gotten that far into gingerbread yet i dont think.

is CM a paid gig? or just that hes really more just porting stuff than having to do it fromscratch or what. im not getting why

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
OK maybe what I am about to write is considered blasphemy, but CM has fallen to the back of the pack. I don't know if it is just a matter of resting on ones laurels or a lack of infusing some new creativity? But I have been using quite a few of the ROMs, with Sourcery being one of the tops, and it just seems they have a lot more to offer. Until I see something very different, I will look at CM as one of the giants who's shoulders many stand on or like a founding father. The Constitution was pretty good, but with some mods and tweaks, counting blacks as people would be a good example, have made it better.
Does anyone agree with this or am I way off. I mean I look at CM's latest and compare to what else I've used within the last month and the pack have great things that they allow the user to do, which is lacking with Cy.

Oh and Eagle and Gflam, I am sure all agree, thanks for focusing on the OG. Makes us feel less like a red headed step child. Nice to have something over the newer androids.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Sourcery based on GB would be they way to go. With the capabilities you guys demonstrated so far i think GB based Sourcery would allow us to avoid upgrading our D1's for much longer. Good Job.

I'm on V1.3 with the GB Theme and loving it.

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
My opinion is to keep going with froyo and make it better than it already is. You guys are doing a great job and look forward to future releases. Now about gb...I think you should wait and see how stable it runs and then possibly go from there. Would love to see your magic work on gb but froyo is the way to go right now =)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
funny

I have run gingerbread
the faster is in your head unless you haven't been running sourcery. :)
But the built in sip is the feature noone has mentioned that i think is the flash of gingerbread.
Dont forget these people are over clocking the roms out of the box. we will continue to show you stable speed at 600 with it being your choose to go higher. guess what i know a rom that seems to just kick ass but when you see what its clocked at there is a reason why.

We will go with what the majority wants. which is leaning highly to gingerbread. which will be fine. Just take time.

Sourcery 2.0 was put into Beta tonight. that means main features of the rom itself are in but additions externally still to be added. graphics/ui cleaning up and testing. once we hit RC than all the themes need to be reported but we will do this like with the rest get them as good as we can so we can release than fix them for you as we go.

Its still a ways off but wanted to keep you updated. I promise you wont be disappointed.

gambit07

Reaction score
I have run gingerbread
But the built in sip is the feature noone has mentioned that i think is the flash of gingerbread.
Dont forget these people are over clocking the roms out of the box. we will continue to show you stable speed at 600 with it being your choose to go higher. guess what i know a rom that seems to just kick ass but when you see what its clocked at there is a reason why.

We will go with what the majority wants. which is leaning highly to gingerbread. which will be fine. Just take time.

Sourcery 2.0 was put into Beta tonight. that means main features of the rom itself are in but additions externally still to be added. graphics/ui cleaning up and testing. once we hit RC than all the themes need to be reported but we will do this like with the rest get them as good as we can so we can release than fix them for you as we go.

Its still a ways off but wanted to keep you updated. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Nice! I have to disagree about GB speed being in your head though, transition animations such as the ones in LP and ADW Ex are much smoother as is gaming, at least based on my comparison between CM7 GB and BB0.5 and Sapphire2.0. It's noticeable as in lag/stuttering vs. no lag. I didn't try sourcery though so maybe there's magic here I haven't seen ;)

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
ok?

I have run gingerbread

Nice! I have to disagree about GB speed being in your head though, transition animations such as the ones in LP and ADW Ex are much smoother as is gaming, at least based on my comparison between CM7 GB and BB0.5 and Sapphire2.0. It's noticeable as in lag/stuttering vs. no lag. I didn't try sourcery though so maybe there's magic here I haven't seen ;)

in a couple you mention i dont doubt the lag :) the other one i would be surprised so i have to admit i didn't game on it. i jsut built it and looked around and ran a few benchmarks and just over all responsiveness and didn't see anything special. maybe the open gl drivers a re much better. i havent seen any lag like that on sourcery especially 2.0 im working on but i haven't played any graphic intensive games so if anyone else has experience here let us know. We attempt to do what the users want not what we want so it appears unless the votes after 2.0 all go to froyo that we will be switching.. to gingerbread and if the hack for the 3g continues to be effective than thats not a problem with me if it turns out that 3g is not fixed that we will not switch to it. But it looks like its working. but its a hack not a fix so to say.

AS i said i was reading about the sip and thats the feature i want :)

Firewing

Reaction score
in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
Tt
I have run gingerbread

in a couple you mention i dont doubt the lag :) the other one i would be surprised so i have to admit i didn't game on it. i jsut built it and looked around and ran a few benchmarks and just over all responsiveness and didn't see anything special. maybe the open gl drivers a re much better. i havent seen any lag like that on sourcery especially 2.0 im working on but i haven't played any graphic intensive games so if anyone else has experience here let us know. We attempt to do what the users want not what we want so it appears unless the votes after 2.0 all go to froyo that we will be switching.. to gingerbread and if the hack for the 3g continues to be effective than thats not a problem with me if it turns out that 3g is not fixed that we will not switch to it. But it looks like its working. but its a hack not a fix so to say.

AS i said i was reading about the sip and thats the feature i want :)

Eagle,
What the heck is "sip"?....please don't laugh(even on the inside) about my nooby ignorance lol
Thanks
Cara
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App